Chapter 2

When I woke up, I was laying on a couch. The soft cushions underneath me almost soothed me back to sleep, but I was shaken wide awake by a voice.

"Hey, are you awake yet?"

My eyes snapped open and I quickly sat up. I immediately regretted that decision and laid back down, groaning.

"Hey. Don't make sudden movement. He knocked you up pretty good. Are you okay? Try to sit up slowly."

The voice sounded nothing like the Brian's. I decided listening was my best bet right now and attempted to sit up right. When I was comfortable in the half-sitting position I put myself in, I slowly cracked my eyes open. A boy with brown eyes and black hair spilling out of the grey beanie he was wearing stared back at me in concern.

"Who the hell are you? Back up. Space," I grumbled. He backed up a few steps and sat on the ground. Once my eyes were used to seeing light again, I peered down at the boy curiously.

"Wait a minute... you're that annoying kid who ran in front of Scott's car today!" I realized, pointing at him and faking a smile. He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

"Well, not really. It was actually three days ago. You were out cold for a while," he explained. My eyes widened. Wait, three days? No, no, no, no, no.

"My dad! I have to get back to my dad! He's going to kill me!" I panicked. I jumped up off of the couch and stumbled towards the boy's front door. I quickly stood and ran over to me.

"Hey, stop. Take it easy. That guy did a number on you. I'm sure your dad will understand. Lay back down before you get even more hurt," he said. I couldn't think right and my head was spinning. I think I nodded because he steered me back over to the couch.

"My dad? My dad. Dad's gonna kill me..." I slurred, leaning back against the couch pillows. His eyebrows furrowed.

"No. He's not. You're okay. I'll text him. Do you have a phone?" he asked. I shook my head and groaned at the headache it caused. I think I dropped it. I'm not sure.

"What'd he do to me? Brian... what'd he do?"

"Brian? Is that the guy's name? What about the other boy? What's his name?"

"Other boy?"

"Yes. The bigger guy was... not doing good things to you and there was a smaller boy who was recording," he explained in disgust.

I blinked slowly.

"What'd do?"

He chuckled. Is he laughing at me? What'd I do? Am I crying? I reached up to wipe my face.

"You're funny. Are you sure you want to see what he did?"

Oh. Yes, please. I stared at him, waiting for him to show me, but he never made a move to. I tilted my head to the side in confusion. He chuckled again.

"I asked: are you sure you want to see what he did."

I knew that. Did I not respond? I'm sleepy. So sleepy. I closed my eyes and let my thoughts take me to places I didn't want to be. She was there. I miss her so much. Please.

"Help! Tia!"

I woke up screaming.

"Somebody help! Help!" I yelled, squeezing my eyes shut.

"What's wrong? What happened? Are you alright?" somebody shouted.

"She, help! She needs help!" I pleaded, grabbing onto the person's arm and burying my face into it, refusing to open my eyes. Don't cry. Don't cry. Oh god, please! Don't cry!