Chapter 18

"Can we go to the hill, Theo?" I asked quietly. We were laying in his bed together, holding hands and staring at the ceiling and at each other. I saw Theo nod and sat up, dragging him with me out of bed. He laughed lightly as I pulled him out of the house.

"Wait, I don't have shoes on, Christian!" he said and I stopped tugging on his arm, crossing my arms and waiting as he put his shoes on, then put my shoes on my feet for me.

"Are you gonna be calling me Christian now?" I asked curiously when he was ready to go. I swing our hands back and forth as we walked towards the cluster of trees in front of my house. Theo shrugged and smiled lightly.

"I might switch back and forth, I don't know, Carson," he replied, making me let out a quiet laugh. I guess I'm already accustomed to answering to Carson so it won't be too much of a change. My phone dinged, in dictating a text and I opened my phone. There was still quiet a few minutes to sunset, so we could take our time.

Scotty :)
Hey, Christian. Just checking in. Are you okay? Wanna hang out today or tomorrow after school?

You
Yeah! Is it okay if Theo tags along?

Scotty :)
Well you sound better. Of course your boyfriend can tag along 😏

You
He's not my boyfriend >~<

Scotty :)
Yeah, yeah ooookay

You
Yet...

Scotty :)
Oop. 😳

You
I like him I think. Like as a boyfriend. He said he liked me and we DID kiss a couple times, but I don't know if that means anything...

Scotty :)
Hold up. EXCUSE ME?! WHY ARE YOU LEAVING ME OUT OF ALL THE DRAMA! You're filling me in school tomorrow. Are you with Theodore right now?

You
Yes..

Scotty :)
Well I don't wanna be a cockblock. Have fun on your little date~ ;)

You
It's not a date! I'll talk to you tomorrow, okay?

Scotty :)
Yep :)

I shoved my phone back into my pocket.

"What was that all about?" Theo asked from beside me. The hill came into view and we began trudging up it.

"Just Scott," I answered briefly. I heard Theo 'hmph' and looked over.

"Gotta say, I'm a little jealous of him. He probably knows you better than everybody and can make you laugh genuinely pretty often," he admitted.

"Yeah probably. You shouldn't be jealous, though. I'm with you, not him after all," I said, shooting him a small smile. He smiled back and pulled me to the top of the hill in time to see the sky fade from blue and pink to a bright orange, red, and purple. We laid down next to each other and watched as the sun sank lower and lower until it finally disappeared from out sight. Stars began to twinkle as they popped up in random places in the darkening sky. The temperature dropped a bit, causing me to shiver slightly. Theo pulled me closer to him.

No words were exchanged, we just laid in silence, occasionally sharing short kisses. I gazed up at the moonless sky, lit up with the tiny specks of light I'd grown to love. Looking at the sky always reminded me of how big the world actually was. I was only one small person under a sky of endless stars and space. I looked over at Theo. We were nothing out of the ordinary; just two boys who shared the same feelings. A genuine smile spread across my face. I really liked Theo, didn't I? Maybe I wasn't ready for a relationship right now. Maybe I was. Maybe I'd get hurt. Maybe Theo would get hurt. Thoughts swirled around in my head, but none of them mattered, because right now, in this moment, there was only Theo and I.