Chapter 11

From my spot of the roof, I watched as the same car from last week pulled up to my house. The two men simultaneously stepped out of the car and walked up to the front door, knocking.

"Christian! Open the fucking door and let them in!" my dad yelled. I snuffed my cigarette out and pressed pause on my music, the song ending abruptly. I climbed back into my bathroom and shut the window, throwing away the cigarette. Walking out of my room, I quickly pat Moody on his head and walked down the stairs to open the door for the two men.

"Hey, kid," one of them greeted when I let them in. I shot him a quick smile and stood awkwardly until my dad came out.

"Hello, boys. Four hundred, was it?" my dad asked. The men nodded and each pulled out two hundred dollars, handing them to my dad. He face lit up in glee and he smiled brightly at them. I wish he would smile at me like that. Like he was happy with me.

"He's all yours!" he exclaimed. I followed the men out to their car and got in the back seat. They began to drive in the direction of their house, putting on some music. I tried to drown out all sounds on the ride there and focused on containing my emotions. I'm doing this for dad. He wouldn't do this unless it helped me or I deserved it. Just cooperate and let them have their way with you. I'm fine. I'm always fine.

We arrived at the house and the three of us walked indoors. I expected them to get right to it like last time, but instead they sat me down on the couch and went into the kitchen. I sat stiffly on their couch for couple minutes until the men came back with cups. They offered one to me and I politely took it and sipped the hot liquid. It was hot chocolate. They sat down next to me on the couch and just watched me as I drank the hot chocolate. Was it poisoned? We're they trying to kill me? Was it drugged? I became paranoid and put the mug on the coffee table in front of me. One of the men chuckled deeply.

"It's not going to kill you," he said. I nodded, but still didn't fully believe him. I sat quietly and stared at my lap while the two men finished their cups of whatever.

"You're very quiet," one of them pointed out. I glanced up for a second.

"Sorry," I whispered. What was I supposed to say? Thanks for hurting me? Thanks for punishing me? I nervously played with my fingers, feeling their stares.

"Alright, let's get this over with. Come on," the other man said, standing up. His partner and I stood up after him and followed him to a bedroom which I assumed was his. Yeah. Let's get this over with.

<><><><><><><><><><>

I limped to the park with my phone in my hand. The two men hadn't been gentle and my back and butt were hurting like hell.

You
Hey Scotty. I'm walking to the park now.

I had just gotten home a few minutes ago and decided to make sandwiches for us. They were his favorite too. I felt like I needed to make up for all the neglecting I was doing towards him. He was my best friend after all and I didn't want to lose him. Not like I lost her. Never again. My phone dinged and I opened the new text.

Theo :)
Hey wanna come to my house for a bit?

You
Sorry, not right now. I'm hanging with Scotty at the park. Maybe after?

Theo :)
Yeah,that's fine! I'll pick you up at the park after you're done. What time?

You
I'll walk, I'm feeling better now.