Chapter 9

"I'll see you next week," I told Theo as I climbed out of his car and walked towards my front door.

"Bye, Carson!" he shouted back. I turned around to give him a look. Was he ever going to actually call me Christian? Probably not.

"It's Christian."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," he chuckled. I turned back around and went indoors. I watched Theo drive away from the window before going to the kitchen for some breakfast.

"Christian? Where the hell have you been?" my dad demanded to know. I turned to face him and looked at his shoes.

"Sorry, dad. I was at a friends house," I explained quietly. "I didn't mean to worry you. I'll tell you where I'm going next time. Sorry."

"Yeah, you better!" he yelled, throwing the notebook he was holding at me. It hit my arm, the spiraled wiring leaving a cut. I winced in pain but didn't move to tend to the cut. He wasn't done. I watched him stand up and walk over to me.

"I'm sorry," I whispered. His hand whipped across my face in a harsh slap.

"Go to your room and stay there. No breakfast for you. If you want food, then get a job and buy it yourself, you brat. The two men are coming over tomorrow afternoon. Be ready."

"Yes, dad," I said quietly. I turned around and quickly walked up the stairs and into my room. I closed the door and headed for my bathroom to clean the cut and bandage it.

"Meow!"

I looked at Moody. He was rolling around next to his food bowl. It was empty.

"Oh, sorry Moody! Gosh, I can't even take care of my cat right!" I grumbled to myself, turning away from the bathroom to feed Moody. When he was feasting happily, I walked back to the bathroom and washed the cut before bandaging it up. Taking my old bandage off of my hands, I inspected the cuts. They weren't infected, but were bleeding a little. I turned the shower on and stripped out of my clothes, gathering up a new set to change into after my shower.

When the water was warm enough, I stepped inside and began to clean myself. I was uncomfortably sticky from last night and I was still really sore. I wonder if Brian was going to keep doing that to me. Was my dad asking him to as punishment? Was he being allowed to do it by the two men or Mark? Was it actually rape if my dad allowed him to? Should I tell the police? No. If my dad told him to, then my dad would get in trouble. Could I ask my dad if he allowed Brian to touch me? Probably not. He'd get mad. I've already made him upset too many times. I need to be a better son. Do the two men or Mark even know who Brian is? Maybe they're friends.

My thoughts drifted to a lighter subject. Why did Theo say he'd take me home last night? Was Scott okay? Is he okay now? I wonder if Theo was going to tell anybody about what I told him last night. I hope not. I need to ask him not to tell anybody. Would he listen? Would he tell the police?

I turned the water off and dried off. When I was done changing, I laid down on my bed and put some music on. I wasn't allowed to leave my room until my dad said, so might as well try and sleep.

Let's open up here for a change
And tell 'em things you tuck away
And say the things you never say

"Tell 'em that you miss your mom. And tell 'em that you're not that strong. You're sleepin' with the nightlight on to try and keep your demons gone," I sang along with the music. I want to visit my mom. I wonder how she's doing. I should give her a call. I haven't talked to her in ages. Sitting up and dialing my mom's number on my phone, I waited for her to pick up. She always did.

"Christian?"

"Hey mom!" I said happily. She couldn't know what was happening to me. It would worry her too much. I really didn't want her to worry. She had enough to worry about anyways.