Obliviate [Part 1]? - Draco Malfoy

Pairing: Draco Malfoy x Male! Reader
Warnings: Swearing
Fandom: Harry Potter

SUMMARY: No definite house for the reader. This is sixth year.

Hogsmeade was the best place for students to relax for a day. For you and Draco, that meant a date where you both just looked like friends hanging out. You both ended up taking a walk in the forest by the Shrieking Shack, your hands brushing as you walked.

"How are things at home?" Draco asked, his hand starting to slip into yours.

"They're fine. But I want to hear more about you," you urged. "Last owl you sent, you said something happened."

"My father. Again," he mumbled.

"Escaped Azkaban, didn't he?"

"He's been housing Death Eaters. Mother spends more time with me so that I'll feel more inclined to help. It never works."

His hand gripped yours, and you held back tightly. You knew he didn't really believe that Muggles were worthless. You told him about living in a world without magic and that they were in no way inferior to wizards. He found them fascinating.

"I only feel like I have to do it so I don't fail my parents. I don't want them to get hurt, and I don't want to die, so I have to do it," he continued.

"I think that's smart," you admitted. "You are a Slytherin, after all. But you are just as brave as your house rival, and I love you so much for it."

He stopped and pulled you behind a tree, kissing you senseless out of view of the main path.

"It means a lot," said Draco, "that you believe in me even if I have to hurt someone to do this."

"I always will, Draco. Now quit stalling and tell me what happened with your father."

"I mentioned that maybe I didn't want to marry a witch. And why we couldn't just adopt a child to continue the Malfoy line. I said that there are many same sex marriages in the wizarding world where they've used magic to make the child theirs in all manners. He got angry and said that men had to marry women to produce a child."

"Oh, I'm so sorry," you whispered.

You hugged him closely, your head resting on his shoulder. He hugged you back, one hand still holding yours. Then you heard gravel crunching under shoes, and you pulled away from him and began walking on the path, motioning him to follow.

"What were you two doing in there?" said the Hufflepuff. "You know those woods could have all sorts of creatures."

"Oh, we didn't walk too far in. I just saw a colourful flower," you said.

"Just be careful," the Ravenclaw walking with them said.

Both the Hufflepuff and their friend gave Draco wary looks as they rushed past the two of you.

--

"That's the third time now, Draco!"

"We're not going to get caught!"

You rushed through the corridor that the professors once deemed too dangerous to enter, now a hangout for the few students that weren't afraid to be there or had something to hide. Like you.

"And if we do? Get caught? Those students already thought you were up to something."

Draco's hand grabbed your arm and turned you around to look at him, his face solemn.

"We won't. Look, I'm not giving up. We've made it this far, haven't we? Two years and you want to give it all up because my father said something?"

"That's exactly why I want us to stop!" you cried. "When winter comes, you'll have to go home again. After that reckless argument you pulled with him, there's no telling what he'll do. He'd search your mind. He'll stop at nothing."

"Snape has trained me in Occlumency. You know he's the best-"

"But the Dark Lord is better."

"It would take years, but I could convince my father that I'm not with anyone."

"We don't have years. Your father will know that you have been dating another male. If he finds out that I'm not even a pureblood, we can't be together."

His hands found yours, clasping them tightly in front of his tear-streaked face. You weren't aware of your own tears until he reached with one hand to wipe them away.

"Please. I don't want to lose you," Draco whispered into your knuckles.

"I don't either. But your father is working for Voldemort. They'll kill me if they find out. And you have to remain on their side until you know Harry and Dumbledore's won. You said Snape is protecting you, right? Trust him. He's probably doing it for a good reason, even if it is loyalty to Voldemort."

Draco pulled you into a hug, his sobs shaking the both of you. You kissed him gently, and he returned it with a passion you didn't know he had in him.

"I love you. I haven't told you properly, after all these years," Draco said bravely. "I love you."

"I love you, too. So much. And I hope you'll forgive me for this," you whispered back.

"For what?"

You stepped back and pulled out your wand.

"Obliviate."

By the time he came to, he was sitting by the benches to the entrance of the corridor and you were long gone.

Credits: d-r-a-c-o--m-a-l-f-o-y on tumblr