The Talk, Just Friends and Pinky Promise

Lexi's P.O.V.

"I-I know." I stuttered all of a sudden nervous as well as scared to death. How long was this outage going to last? I looked from mine and Niall's connected hands up in to his eyes and he stared straight back into my eyes.

"I miss you." he spoke at last breaking the silence.

"You- you didn't trust me Niall." I replied my voice cracking slightly. He sighed, almost disappointed? With what? My answer or that he didn't trust me?

"I know, I was stupid it's just...." he trailed off moving his gaze from my eyes to the ground. I gently squeezed his hand willing him to carry on. 

"I've been hurt before like this, it was with my first girlfriend as well. I know how much it hurts and I just, I just didn't want to go through it again." he whispered the end part.

"But instead you hurt both of us." I finished for him. He looked up to me and nodded. We sat in silence for about 10 minuets just thinking before I spoke up again.

"You know I wasn't cheating right? I wouldn't ever ever cheat on you, I promise. Or I wouldn't  if we were..." it was my turn to trail off.

"Still together." Niall chocked out. This break up was killing both of us slowly. He needs to apologize though. Again we fell into silence. I love him, all he needs to do is say one simple word, one word. Please Niall please, this one word. I willed him with my mind and my eyes. He needs to say it on his own not me telling him to.

"Sorry." he said the word echoed around the room. 

"It's okay." I told him almost , ALMOST, smiling.

"So we friends?" he asked. That hit me hard. Friends. What?

"I- um, yeah." I stuttered out. He didn't want me back, after all that? How could I be so STUPID?! I'm such an idiot. Tears sprung to my eyes and I stood up letting his hand drop. I was scared ,sure, but I would rather be scared then holding onto someone that has hurt me so bad. I turned away so he couldn't see the tears I let silently glide down my face.

Niall's P.O.V.

I'm an idiot. I'm stupid. Why the hell did I say just friends? What is wrong with me? I was so close then let it all fall. There's no chance any more. She looked so destroyed when I said that.

I looked up to her, why won't she look at me? I thought she was scared of power cuts? Why did she let go of my hand?

"Lexi?" I asked trying to steady my voice. She cleared her throat and wiped her face, she was crying?

"Yeah?" she answered turning  back round faking a smile. I shook my head not knowing what to say.

"Guys! We've sorted it can you let us out?!" she yelled to the door her voice cracking a bit. She hates me, why did I say just friends. WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY BRAIN????? Of all the things to say, of all the things to do. I could of kissed her for gods sake! But no I go and say friends!

"Are you sure?" Jess yelled through to us.

"Yeah." me and her yelled in sync before the door swung open. Lex walked out with out looking back at me or the group that were gathered out in the hallway. They all gave me a questioning look and I just shrugged as they all raised their eyebrows at me.

Lexi's P.O.V.

Crap, crap crap crap. I'm scared right now. Crap this is scary. I'm on my own and the powers out. Don't yell, don't scream. I let more and more floods of tears slide down my cheeks as I thought of what had just happened and the fact that fear consumed me didn't help.

"Lex? Lexi? ALEXIS?" I could hear Zayn yelling clearly looking for me.

"Ye-eah?" my voice cracked again as I cried. Zayn ran in and pulled me into a hug. I sat as he comforted me just holding me.

"Baby, what happened?" he asked soothingly.

"Just friends." I whispered out. He understood and muttered something along the lines of "C*** he doesn't know what he's just lost."  Zayn barley ever swore and it shocked me. I looked up at him and he smiled down to me comfortingly.

"You'll get over him y'know." he told me "if it wasn't meant to be then it wasn't meant to be, but one day your going to find someone that's going to love you so much that they'll never let you go and never let you slip through their hands so easily, there's someone out there for everyone." how did he always know exactly what to say? I smiled.

"Really?" I asked.

"Really." he said laying back pulling me onto his chest and wrapping his arms round me and I slowly drifted off to sleep listening to Zayn's heartbeat.

Zayn's P.O.V.

I love her so much. This "crush" isn't going to go away. I'm pretty sure I've fallen for her. That someone I was talking about that was out there and not going to let her go, that someone was me.

I watched her sleeping form and smiled to myself. The door creaked open and Louis walked in and his smile quickly disappeared.

"Zayn?" he asked disappointed.

"Shh." I gestured towards her and he nodded understanding she was asleep.

"Okay, I know this looks bad, but I promise all I was doing was comforting her, I haven't made a move and she didn't cheat on Niall." I rushed out in a whisper. He nodded.

"I believe you." he told me sitting on the end of the bed so he didn't disturb Lex. It was like midnight after all.

"It hasn't gone away has it?" he sighed.

I told him about my crush on Lexi just before her and Niall started going out. In fact Louis even advised me to ask her on a date but Niall beat me too it. I guess I shouldn't have left it as long as I did. I knew as soon as I met her she was different. When I saw her fighting with Liam, even then she was beautiful. When we spoke the first time I spoke to her I was angry with her for being mean to Niall but still she intrigued me. The more I got to know her the more I liked her.

"No." I shook my head and sighed.

"You can't keep doing this." he told me gesturing to Lex.

"Wha-"

"Look I know how it works. Make friends with her, gain her trust, become close then you can understand where this is going. Please Zayn don't do that to Niall." he explained.

"I can't help it Lou." I whispered keeping the conversation level and quiet so we didn't wake her.

"Just give Niall some time and if he doesn't get her back or at least try then," he paused reluctant "then she's all yours." I nodded.

"How long?" I asked.

"Give him until your birthday, 22 days just over 3 weeks." he said and I nodded yet again. He got up and walked towards me so he was closer now.

"Pinky promise me you won't do anything until then?" he asked holding his pinky finger out to me. I looked up at him.

I moved quietly as not to wake her and connected mine and Louis pinky's "I pinky promise." he let go satisfied and left the room but leaving the door open.

 A/N Did you like it and wow you guys are quick with voting and comments. I really want to test you now...... 30 VOTES and 25 DIFFERENT COMMENTERS! Do you reckon you guys can do it? :) If you don't then I'll wait til 700 reads :)  A/N Dedicated to @wildchild98 because she called me clam chowder and it mad me laugh haha! :) I'm gonna do dedication for the next chapter whoever comes up with um the best thing 2 do if they met the boys....... - Emily :D