Waking up, Speaking with Niall and Wrestling Jess!

Lexi's P.O.V.

I fluttered my eyes open to find it was still dark. Wasn't it dark when I fell asleep? I checked my phone that had appeared on my nightstand. The bright light hurt my eyes but  I managed to read the numbers.

04:34 am.

I had only slept for just over 4 hours? Man I'm tired. I struggled out of Zayn's grip and changed into some proper P.J.'s well some jogging bottoms and a vest top. I turned to check Zayn was asleep and he was, sound. There was light in the hallway! The powers back on! I snuck out and wonder down to the lounge hoping no one was up.

Crap.

He turned his head slightly and weakly smiled at me. "Hey Lex."

"Um h-hi Niall." I stuttered. Why am I stuttering? What is wrong with me? SAY SOMETHING!

"Um why are you down here?" I managed to get out, sitting next to him on the couch. He shrugged and took a sip of his hot chocolate. I want one!

"Couldn't sleep." he replied staring into his mug like it was a black hole and he wanted to know what was in it.

"You stole our hot chocolate." I stated stealing it off him and taking a sip. He looked up shocked and let out a gentle laugh.

"I was drinking that!" he protested.

"Shhh! They're asleep and the key word being was." I laughed taking another sip. He smirked and shook his head. I thought this was going to be awkward but it wasn't. It was fine, sure I hate being just friends, sure all I want to do is kiss him but, it's fine.

"Why couldn't you sleep?" I asked after a 30 seconds silence between us. I examined his features as he thought. He had the most beautiful crystal blue eyes and cute lips when he smile and lovely golden blonde hair he was perfect. He looked up and caught me staring and I quickly looked away.

He laughed before telling me " I just had some stuff on my mind." very vague.

"What stuff?" I persisted wanting to know if he was thinking about us, wait... there is no us.

He sighed knowing I wasn't going to give up "I wa-"

"Guys, what are you doing up at 5 in the morning?" Zayn's sleepy voice interrupted Niall. I was just about to find out why he was up as well! Ah great timing Zayn.

"We're talking what does it look like genius." I smiled then stuck my tongue out and he stuck his tongue out at me and laughed.Niall coughed awkwardly and got up.

"Night Lex, Night Zayn." he said before leaving. My smile disappeared, what had I done? Why'd he go? 

"What did I d-"

"Nothing he's just being difficult, don't worry about it babe." he said taking Nialls place next to me and pulling me in as I laid my head on him.

"I miss him Zayn." I confessed letting one tear escape my eyes.

Niall's P.O.V.

She misses me. Okay, yeah I know I shouldn't be listening in but I can't help it. I sat just at the top of the staircase listening.

"Babe, don't worry if you love something let it go if it comes back it was meant to be." I heard his faint voice reply. Why does he keep calling her babe? She's mine, Lexi is my girlfr- oh no she's not.... BECAUSE I'M AN IDIOT!

"I know it's just hard, do you think he even misses me?" she asked him. Why doesn't she just ask me? Oh yeah because I broke her heart! Of course I bloody well miss her!