Split Up

Disclaimer: Many pov changes

3rd pov
The day has finally come. Today was the day team Kitsune temporarily splits up. They didn't feel any particular way about leaving since they can come back in an instant, but everyone else were a mix of emotions.

They all met at the gate to see the four of them off. "Come back soon you four. Konoha 14 will be different without you guys." The twins in Natsumi's team said in sync. They all agreed to their statement and laughed it off before they officially went out the village. Some left once they started walking and others stayed to see them until they left their viewpoint.

As soon as the four knew they were out of sight they shunshined at a fast rate and changed into their anbu disguise. At a certain point they all split up in four different directions to go head off to their designated village.

Shikamaru's pov
As soon as the four of us split up I made my way to Suna. I already knew this whole thing was a super drag but luckily I knew some of the people here so it won't be too bad.

After a few hours of traveling through the lands I finally made to the village. "Welcome Bat." One of the Suna guards slightly bowed and welcomed me into the village. I immediately went to the Kazekage's office and his children was in there as well.

"Bat, please remove your mask and reveal your tattoo." He commanded since this was sort of a procedure for big missions. All of the Kage's have seen us without our anbu masks, even though we all wore a face mask under it. This was part of a security precaution just to make sure we're the real Sins, since some rogues have tried impersonating us before. Everyone by this point can replicate our masks but nobody else has ever been able to see our tattoos. I removed my mask and showed my tattoo that proved I was a real Sin.

"Alright great, now we can get on with the mission. For the time being you can stay at our house, I have a room set up for you. Since I've heard your specialty is plans and traps, you can set some around the outside of the village. All I want you to do is just patrol the village and watch out for the Akastuki or any other threat." The Kazekage explained. I silently bowed and put my mask back on before leaving to get to work.

Well if all I'm doing is patrol then I'll just do that and go to back to the house. I thought before going to the outside of the village. I used my threads to set invisible traps within the sand. I added chakra to them so that I'd be alerted if any of them were to go off wherever I am. Once I was done I headed to the Kazekage's house to settle into my room.

"Hey Shikamaru, your room is up the stairs and is the closest door to the left." Gaara instructed. I thanked him before leaving to my room and took out a scroll that carried all of my stuff. I brought all of my clothes out and planted a few weapons secretly around my room for extra measures.

Once I finished unpacking I went downstairs to look around the house, secretly putting weapons in places people wouldn't think to find them. I was just about done when Temari told me that dinner was ready. At first it was pretty silent since I joined in and I wasn't too used to it because there was always talking with the group or family. That was until Kankaru decided to speak up.

"So Shikamaru, we all know about you in your disguise but what's the real you like? I'm just curious." He asked me. I stayed quiet for a second since there wasn't much to say about me that I don't find personal or confidential in my eyes. I still thought I needed to say something but one of them spoke up before I was able to get a word out.

"Really Kankaru? What makes you think he'd talk about his personal life? What's with the prying?" His little brother questioned. He kind of understood my predicament since he was a fellow anbu member himself. "What do you mean? I just wanted to know the guy since he's gonna be staying for a while." The older defended himself.