Hideout

(Time skip. Naruto's 4th birthday)
Naruto's pov
I woke up pretty early for once because I knew I had to prepare myself for this entire day. Usually most of the villagers don't do anything until late at night but I've seen some chunnins come during the morning or afternoon once so I'm not taking any chances.

"So what's the plan for today Kit? You of course can't stay here." 'Yeah I know but thanks to your lessons on Konoha I've looked on some maps to find good hide out places.' I say packing a few snacks and lunch into a backpack.

'I'll probably go the hide out place more often just to get out the house and train so I need to find a good one.' I say now packing the books into the backpack.

"You should look near places with a forest or water. People won't think to look for you in those places." Kurama says helping me narrow down places.

I soon leave the apartment and walked around the outskirts of Konoha looking for places with no people around. I found a few but noticed different stores and houses nearby and knew that wouldn't work.

After an hour of wandering I see a place completely away from other houses and far away from the main part of the village. It had a big pond that could've been mistaken as a lake and an open field big enough to train in. To the right, there was a forest area which led farther away from the main village area.

'This just may be the place Kura. It's completely isolated from everything else and I can train in the forest and grassy area whenever I want.' I say excitedly while running into the forest area.

I noticed a few animals within the forest but luckily I learned which ones were poisonous or not. I ate a light snack and talked to Kurama in the time space.

"Hey Kit, since you're stuck outside for the day I think it's a great time for me to give you your birthday present." I gasped in surprise and asked what it was repeatedly.

"Since you're now officially four I checked and sensed your chakra coils have fully developed so imma teach you the beginning stages of using chakra!" Kurama stated as I jumped up and down ready to start.

Kurama conjuered up a weird small piece of paper and handed it to me. "This is a chakra paper to see what nature affinity you have. Focus and apply chakra to it." He said as I nodded and gripped the paper to try and add chakra to it.

After a few seconds the paper split in half but then one side burned while the other wrinkled then dampened. I looked confused at the mixed results I got then looked at Kurama who appeared to be shocked.

'What's wrong? Is this good or bad?!' I asked still confused but now nervous from Kura's expression.

"This is great kid! I've never seen a person have this many natural nature affinities before, you're really special." Kurama praised as I looked happy and shocked to this being a good thing.

I thought for a moment until I realized something. 'Wait aren't their five elements? I remember reading there was five but I only saw four.' I said to him questionably.

"You're right there's five and the one you're missing is earth but that's to be expected since neither of your clans or parents used the earth element as much." He explained and I understood.

'Then what elements did my parent's use?'

"Your father knew wind and fire and learned water and lightning later on. Your mom knew both water and wind. This shows why you have a strong wind affinity since they both had this as their nature affinity." Kurama further explained as I still tried figuring out exactly who they were and which clan they had.