The Founder's Ball

Start from the beginning

She said "Let's get your hair and makeup done first." I nodded and sat in the chair at the vanity and pulled out my hair and makeup stuff and started on it, she said "I'll have Tyler bring you up some breakfast for you." I said "Thank you." she smiled at me before she left the room so I could get dressed, I did my hair and makeup before Tyler came in with some waffles and fruit. He set it down and said "How are you doing?" I said "All I need to do Is put on the dress." he said "Well I will leave you to it then." he slowly backed out of the room and closed the door when I finished eating I then got in my dress and heals.

Dress

Hair

Makeup

Makeup

There was a knock on the door so I went over and opened it, Carol and Tyler were standing there, Tyler said "Wow!" his eyes ranked over my whole body and Carol said "You look lovely darling

There was a knock on the door so I went over and opened it, Carol and Tyler were standing there, Tyler said "Wow!" his eyes ranked over my whole body and Carol said "You look lovely darling." I said "Thank you Carol. Tyler?" he shook his head and said "Im sorry Rae, you just look absolutely gorgeous." I said "Thank you." Carol said "Come on dear the party is starting." I smiled and followed them downstairs, Mayor Lockwood said "You look beautiful sweetheart." he gave me a hug and I said "Thank you." I walked around the exhibit and I was standing by the registry from the very first founders Ball when Caroline, Elena, Damon, and Stefan walked up. 

Elena said "Hey Rae, The founding families in Mystic Falls welcomes you to the inaugural founder's council celebration. Wow, look, it's the original guest registry. Look at all these familiar names—Sheriff William Forbes, Mayor Benjamin Lockwood. Is that Damon Salvatore? And, Stefan Salvatore?" I looked and said "That is super cool." Damon said "The original Salvatore brothers. Our ancestors. Tragic story, actually." Stefan said "We don't need to bore them with stories of the past." Elena said "It's not boring, Stefan. I'd love to hear more about your family." Caroline said "Well, I'm bored. I want to dance. And Damon won't dance with me." Damon said "Mm-hmm." Caroline said "Could I just borrow your date?" Elena said "Oh, uh..."

Stefan said "I don't really dance." Damon said "Oh, sure he does. You should see him. Waltz, the jitterbug, the moonwalk. He does it all." Caroline said "You wouldn't mind, would you, Elena?" Elena looked uncomfortable but said "It's up to Stefan." Caroline said "Well sorry, but I'm not going to take no for an answer." she took his hand and dragged him out to dance. Damon said "I want to apologize to you for being such a world-class jerk the other night when I tried to kiss you. There's no excuse. My therapist says I'm...Acting out, trying to punish Stefan." I smiled at him and said "For what?" Damon said "It's all in the past. I don't even want to bring it up. Let's just say that the men in the Salvatore family have been cursed with sibling rivalry. And it all started with the original Salvatore brothers." 

Carol came over and said "Excuse me Damon, Elena can I borrow RaeLynn please?" Damon said "Of course Mrs. Lockwood." Carol started to walk off and I followed her, she said "So are you and Tyler together?" I said "No, I like him Carol I really do, but my boyfriend literally ran away from me like a week ago. I want to be with Tyler but I don't want him to be a rebound I want to be over my heartbreak first. Besides I doubt he is in to me, it looks like he is in Vicki Donovan." I pointed them out. She looked up and said "Why must he want her, she is a drug addict." I said "Probably because you two don't approve, I had to grow up fast, but most teenagers who have good parents like to create their own path and to do so they tend to do things their parents don't approve of." 

Carol said "Did you ever do that?" I said "No if I so much as breathed wrong I was screwed so I tried to stay under the radar so I could make it out of the house alive, I mean it worked so I got that going for me." she wrapped an arm around me as we walked up to them as Tyler said "Let go!" Carol said "Tyler...We didn't get a chance to say hello earlier. It's Vicki, right? Matt's sister." Vicki said "Yes, ma'am." Carol said "You'll have to forgive my son's rudeness. He gets it from his father." Vicki said "Well, that's okay, Mrs. Lockwood. Tyler and I were just saying good night." Vicki walked away and Carol said "That's what you get when you bring the trash into the party. Especially when you have an excellent girl right here." She kissed my head and walked away I said "I...I don't.." he cut me off by saying "It's ok I'm not dating her so my mom doesn't have to approve, I was simply sleeping with her, but then you came to town." 

I said "Why does me coming to town matter?" Tyler pulled me to sit next to him on the bench and said "Because since the first moment I laid eyes on you, you have been on my mind and I cant think of any other girl. Vicki tried to get me to have sex last night but all I could think of is you." I said "Tyler I like you, I really do but my boyfriend ran out on me a week ago, I'm not ready for a new relationship, not yet and it wouldn't be fair to you if I said I was even though I am still heartbroken." Tyler said "RaeLynn I will wait for you for as long as I need to." I smiled and said "And you will be the first to know when I stop crying myself to sleep." He said "How about you stay here?" I said "Stay where?" he said "Here at the mansion, you can spend the night maybe being with someone will help you from crying yourself to sleep. You deserve way better than that." 

I said "Sure Ty, I'll spend the night if... your parents are ok with it." he said "They're parents, they won't be." We got up and headed for the house as I said "You don't ask then no dice. They like me and since my own father hates me I'd prefer to have them continue to like me. Plus if he does come looking for me, it would be to severely hurt or kill me and a mansion is a decent place to hide." as we walked inside it was empty, seems like the party is over, Ty said "If he shows his face in this town I'll lay his ass out." Carol said "If who shows up?" Tyler said "Her father." Mayor Lockwood said "Does he know where you are?" I said "No one knows where I am but he is a cop so he could find out." 

Tyler said "Hey mom, dad she is still having a tough time with her breakup, can she stay the night?" Mayor Lockwood said "Your finally following the rules by asking for permission?" Tyler said "Not by choice." Carol said "What do you mean?" Tyler looked at me so I said "He asked me and I said only if he had permission, he has a good thing here something I never had I won't let him ruin it." Mayor Lockwood said "Yes RaeLynn you can spend the night any night you want especially if you get him to start behaving like the gentleman we tried to raise him as." I said "Trust me if he wants me to be around he will be." they both kissed my head and walked away as Tyler led me upstairs to I'm assuming his room." 

He said "This is my room." I smiled and saw my bag in his hand and he said "I uh, was hoping you'd say yes so I stuck it on the handle of the room you got dressed in." I said "Impatient huh?" he wrapped me in a hug and said "Guilty as charged." I said "Im gonna shower now." I pulled out of his arms and went into his bathroom closing the door and got in the shower. After my shower I got dressed in the bug T-shirt and pair of boxers sitting on the counter and brushed my hair. Then I joined him in his bed where he wrapped his arms around me and I spent my first night since Jasper left me without crying myself to sleep or waking up with a nightmare. I slept peacefully.