- twenty six -

xxvi. TIPSY HARRY 

Pansy was utterly devastated when she got to know about Draco

Pansy was utterly devastated when she got to know about Draco. She refused to leave Draco alone despite Stella's several attempts to comfort Pansy.

At last, when Madam Pomfrey requested Pansy to leave as students were not allowed to stay back in the hospital wing, Pansy left with a heavy heart. But that rule didn't work on Stella.

Tiptoeing, Stella slipped out of the common room and quietly made her way to the hospital wing. Stopping near Draco's bed, she turned around to make sure that Madam Pomfrey wasn't in the wing.

"Sneaking, are we?"

Stella's breath caught in her throat as she slowly turned around on her spot but there was nobody standing besides her. Her eyes fell on Draco who was grinning stupidly.

"Are you crazy?" Stella whispered yelled,"You gave me a heart attack!"

"Sorry." Draco laughed, gesturing her to sit down,"What are you doing here?"

"Nothing new." Stella shrugged, taking a seat,"I couldn't sleep, so here I am."

"Why?"

"Because of you. I was worried and..." Stella trailed off.

"And?" Draco raised one of his eyebrows, trying to sit on the bed as Stella helped him.

"Me and Harry fought." Stella sighed,"No, I mean I fought. He was just listening to my angry self and now I feel a little guilty."

"Why did you fight with him?" Draco frowned.

"Because he nearly killed you!" Stella exclaimed and quickly lowered her voice,"He's lucky that I didn't kill him."

"I'm so done with you." Draco chuckled earning a 'what are you laughing at' look from Stella,"I mean... um.. Well I attacked him too."

"What!" Stella shrieked,"Oh god! What the hell is wrong with you two?"

"I think he believes that I cursed Katie Bell." Draco gulped.

"Yeah, he heard you and Snape." Stella admitted.

There was a comforting silence around them when Draco spoke up,"So?"

"So what?" Stella asked.

"When are you going to talk to him?"

"Talk to who? Harry?" Stella frowned earning a nod from Draco,"I'm not talking to him."

"Come on ella." Draco let out a tired sigh,"We know that he makes you happy. And most importantly it'll be helpful for our task."

"Task." Stella repeated,"I feel so bad, I can't do it. I can't hurt him Draco. He has gone through a lot and here I am.... trying to hurt him intentionally."

"I understand." Draco smiled sadly,"But you know that we have no other option."

Stella nodded, holding back her tears.

"So what do you guys do when you two sneak out?" Draco smirked, trying to lighten up the mood.

"Do you ever shut that bloody mouth of yours?" Stella complained causing Draco to chuckle. When Draco forced her to go back, Stella couldn't protest and retreated back to her dorm.

The next morning, Stella sat in the great hall with Pansy and Daphne on her either side when she felt a tap on her shoulder.

She turned around to find Hermione and Ron nervously smiling at her.

"Hey." Stella smiled, getting up from her place.

"I- I mean we want to talk to you." Hermione spoke, glancing at Ron every now and then.

"Sure." Stella shrugged before turning to her two slytherin friends,"I'll be back soon."

Stella followed the two Gryffindors out of the great hall and stopped at an empty corridor.

"What is it?" Stella asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Something happened between you and Harry?" Ron asked.

"Yeah." Stella reluctantly nodded,"we fought."

"Why?" Hermione exclaimed.

"Why?" Stella repeated,"He almost killed my friend and you're asking me why?"

"That's not what I meant." Hermione explained,"It was a mistake. He never meant to do that."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." Stella scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"Stella..." Hermione sighed,"We know that what Harry did was wrong but he never meant to do that. We know that he hates Malfoy but he would never dare to kill him. It was a mistake."

"And since you two fought, he has been a complete mess. You know that with all these shitty things going on, you are his escape. You make him feel happy." Ron smiled slightly.

"Please forgive him." Hermione continued,"I promise that he'll never repeat it again."

Stella sighed, knowing that either way she would have to forgive Harry so that she and Draco could complete the task, so she nodded causing the two Gryffindors to smile gratefully at her.

"Thank you." Hermione smiled, pulling the slytherin in a hug.

"There he is." Ron exclaimed, pointing towards the great hall. Stella turned around to find a little 'tipsy' looking Harry entering the great hall.

"He looks different." Hermione whispered to Ron but then it hit her that Harry was trying to draw out the true memory from Slughorn and Harry might have used the liquid luck for it.

"Let's go." Ron said as Stella and Hermione followed him to the Gryffindor table.

"Harry." Stella croaked out causing the tipsy boy to turn around on his seat.

"Hi." Harry happily grinned causing Stella to frown as he looked a little high.

"I forgive you." Stella forced a smile.

"For what?" Harry laughed.

"We fought yesterday?" Stella reminded which came more of as a question.

"oh thank you so much." Harry smiled stupidly, wrapping his arms around Stella throwing her off guard.

"I'll see you later. I have some important business to finish." Harry grinned, pressing a kiss on Stella's cheek and ran out of the great hall.

"Bloody hell." Ron muttered under his breath as Stella turned to look at them with a big frown on her face which clearly said 'what the hell was that'.

Stella felt everybody's gaze on her as she looked around to find people looking at her and some were whispering.

"What are you all looking at?" Stella shouted so that everyone could hear her,"Go back to your breakfast."

Stella went back to her seat at the slytherin table where Daphne and Pansy were laughing at what happened.

"What was that?" Daphne asked between her laughs.

"Nothing." Stella groaned.

"I didn't know that you and Harry were dating."

Stella turned around to find Michael Davis standing behind her seat with a disappointed look on his face.

"Well you know now." Stella let out an awkward chuckle.