- twenty eight -

xxviii. TOO HARD TO FORGET 

 TOO HARD TO FORGET 

The death eaters apperated to the Malfoy Manor, Bellatrix letting out a squeal of victory.

"Oh thank god you're okay." Narcissa exclaimed, pulling his son in a hug.

Draco looked to his side to find his friend staring aimlessly at the ground. Stella held onto Draco's hand tightly.

It was evident in the way she struggled to breathe as her chest heaved up and down and she tried so hard to keep it under control.

"C-Can I t-take her to her room?" Draco struggled to speak, gesturing towards Stella who was still staring at the ground.

"Yes." Bellatrix nodded, not even glancing once at the girl.

"ella." Draco spoke, startling the poor girl. She wasn't crying but she could feel her heart weeping.

"Lets go." Draco whispered, squeezing her hands lightly.

The Malfoy boy wrapped one of his arms around Stella's slumped shoulders and lead her to her room. He made her sit on the freshly prepared bed.

"Go to sleep." Said Draco and walked out.

On his way downstairs, Draco heard a high pitched scream followed by breaking of a window as he quickly rushed back to the room to find Stella sitting on the floor with blood oozing out of her hands.

Draco rushed to her when his eyes fell on the window pane which Stella just broke.

"Ella." Draco sighed as he tried holding her hands but she swatted it away.

"I don't want to live!" Stella screamed, still holding back her tears,"Kill me! I can't take it!"

"Ella." Draco tried to make her sit on the bed,"Stop it. Stop hurting yourself."

Stella shook her head and nuzzled her head in Draco's chest who rubbed her back comfortingly.

Once that first tear broke free, the rest followed in an unbroken stream.

"d-did... y-y-you.." Stella tried speaking but couldn't as the tears weren't allowing her,"d-did you s-see his face? He looked s-so hurt, s-so h-hel-helpless."

"ALl BECAUSE OF ME." Stella screamed.

There was a knock on the door as Draco got up from the floor and opened the door to find his mother standing in front of him.

"Is she okay?" His mother asked, a worried look on her face,"I heard a scream."

Shaking his head, Draco moved aside to reveal a crying Stella on the floor with blood on her cheeks.

"Oh my god." Narcissa gasped, quickly walking inside and kneeling down besides Stella.

"She br-"

"Bring the first aid! Fast!" Narcissa exclaimed, cutting him off in between. Draco nodded and rushed out of the room while Narcissa made Stella sit on the bed.

"It'll be alright darling." Narcissa cooed when she herself doubted that.

Once Draco came back with the first aid, Narcissa wrapped the bandage around Stella's wounds and cleaned up the mess with her wand.

"Can't we do something?" Draco hopefully asked, thinking of a way to keep Stella away from the coming dangers.

"I'm afraid Draco, we can't.." Narcissa sighed, helping Stella to lay down on the bed. Stella was too numb to focus on the mother - son's conversation.

"I can't see her like this!" Draco explained as his mother stood in front of him.

"I understand but I know she can handle it." Narcissa smiled, turning to look at Stella who now looked in a deep sleep,"She's a strong girl, just like her mother, Evelyn Rosier."

"Do you think she wouldn't have been dragged in this mess if her mother was still alive?" Draco randomly asked.

"He would have come after her, sooner or later." Narcissa explained,"Poor Evelyn didn't know what was going on. If only she wouldn't have told him that she was having his daughter, she could have kept Stella away from this."

-

Harry was standing at the Astronomy tower with Ron and Hermione on his either side. He still hasn't told them about Stella even when they had found her missing from the school, just like Draco.

"Harry?"

The golden trio turned around to find Neville, Ginny and Luna standing by the entrance door.

"We wanted to tell you something." Ginny started, walking a little closer towards the trio, followed by Neville.

"What is it Ginny?" Ron asked.

"we thought about it." Neville started.

"A lot." Ginny interrupted.

"The day you told all of us to keep an eye around Hogwarts, Stella came running to us saying that she heard a voice from the dungeons."

"But we found nothing!" Ginny exclaimed,"She lied."

"But why?" Hermione frowned.

"Me.. and Ginny think.." Neville hesitated,"that maybe she's one of them."

"She's a death eater." Harry gulped, nodding while Ron and Hermione's jaw dropped in shock.

"What are you saying!" Hermione exclaimed, looking at Harry who wasn't meeting anybody's eyes.

"Yeah she was there at the astronomy tower with Malfoy." Harry admitted,"She isn't a Parkinson."

"What do you mean?" Ron frowned.

"She's Voldemort's daughter."

"Oh my god what!" Hermione shrieked.

"Bloody hell!" Ron gasped.

"Yeah and nobody knew about it." Harry explained,"Not even Dumbledore. And maybe she always knew what was the task but as she was one of them she never told us."

Harry took a deep breath and blinked away the tears while Hermione rubbed his arm in comfort but nothing could comfort him.

He felt lonely and empty without her. She was his missing part.

On his way back to his dorm, he ran into Stella's friend Daphne who was worried about the sudden disappearance of her two friends.

"Where is she?" Daphne demanded, standing in front of Harry.

"Why the hell are you asking him?" Ron scowled,"Ask her family members."

"Your friend is a cheater!" Ginny accused, pointing his fingers towards Daphne,"She's a cheater."

"What are you even saying?" Daphne frowned before turning to Harry,"Potter she trusted you, where-"

"I TRUSTED HER!" Harry shouted,emphasizing the I​​​​, "BUT SHE BETRAYED ME!"

"Potter-" Daphne tried but Harry just ran away from her. He was done with everything. He wanted to know the reason for which Stella betrayed him.

Sighing Harry walked back to his dorm while everybody else stayed in the common room saying goodbyes to each other.

He picked up his books and stuffed it in his trunk when a parchment fell down. Bending down, Harry picked up the letter which Stella had given to him.

He had forgot to read it that day as he had to meet Dumbledore. His eyes started watering when he read the first line. Even though she betrayed him, he couldn't get her out of his mind.