- forty seven -

xlvii. THE FINAL BATTLE

Stella felt alive again

Stella felt alive again. The withered flower was once again holding onto it's petals. Even though there was a war going around, Stella felt a sudden rush of joy taking over her.

Out of the corner of her eye, Stella saw Lucius Malfoy running away but Draco wasn't willing to go. Instead he kept looking back at Stella, his eyes asking her to tag along with him and escape.

Stella just blinked her eyes, indicating that she was okay. As Draco turned around to leave, Stella took a step forward when a spell came shooting towards her. Before the spell can do any harm, Parvati Patil stepped in front of the Slytherin and blocked the spell causing the death eater who casted the spell to glare at the Gryffindor.

Stella was taken aback for a moment that a Gryffindor helped her after knowing that she was the daughter of Voldemort.

"Thank you." Stella said, holding her wand tightly in her head and started running towards the hallway where Voldemort went.

Stella heard a faint 'stay safe' from the Gryffindor causing her to overcome with emotions. Stella jumped over the broken pieces of cement and rubbles.

A death eater which Stella recognised as Corban Yaxley blocked her path, smirking evily at her. Stella clutched her wand tightly in her hand and attacked Yaxley with the stunning spell which was quickly blocked.

This time, Yaxley was the one to shot a spell towards Stella which she blocked. Without stopping, Yaxley kept on throwing several, fatal spells towards the girl who kept on blocking them.

But the last one, hit her on her stomach and she was sent flying back, hitting the wall. Blood oozed out from the back of her head, causing Stella to shut her eyes close while Yaxley took small steps towards the nearly unconscious girl.

"Stay back." Lee Jordan snarled, stepping in front of Stella.

"Move aside." Roared Yaxley, shooting a spell towards the girl but Lee blocked it.

"Stella, get up." George helped the unconscious girl up.

"I'm okay." Stella croaked out, rubbing her head which was throbbing with pain.

"Go ahead and help him, we'll manage this idiot." Lee shouted, shooting another spell which hit Yaxley in his stomach.

"Thank you." Stella smiled before sprinting upstairs.

Stella pressed her back to the wall, catching her breath and peeped to find a black rope like thing around Harry's neck causing him to gasp for breath. Stepping in front of Voldemort, Stella pointed the wand straight at Voldemort, distracting him from Harry.

"Leave him!" Screamed Stella, her eyes deepest shade of blue.

Harry tried to keep his eyes open and look at the girl who was panting heavily while her sleeves had now turned a filthy shade of dirt. Blood was trickling down her forehead to her jawline.

"I should have killed you before. Well it's never too late."
Voldemort laughed evily before throwing Harry towards Stella causing the two youngsters to collide and fall down.

Voldemort shot a spell towards Stella who was still on the floor but Harry blocked it before getting up.

Stella's head was throbbing with unbearable pain and she could feel everything around her getting dizzy.

"You were right..." She heard Harry panting,"When you told Professor Snape that wand was failing you."

"It will always fail you." Harry added as Voldemort let out a yell and slammed Harry in a wall. Through the blurry vision, Stella grabbed her wand and got on her feet.

"Ex-" Before Stella could complete the incantation, Voldemort shot a spell towards her sending her back and collide with the wall.

"I killed Snape." Voldemort growled as Harry stood up, shaking his head.

"But what if the wand never belonged to Snape?" Harty questioned as Voldemort neared him,"What if its allegiance was always to someone else?" Harry looked at Voldemort,"Come on, Tom."

Stella got up on her feet and started limping to the tower with her wand in her wand.

"Let's finish the way we started it." Harry continued,"Together!"

Stella watched as Harry wrapped his arms around Voldemort's neck and flung off the castle. She stared at the sky in horror before running all the way down.

Harry rolled on his side , looking for his wand but till then Voldemort had already grabbed his wand and was about to shoot a spell towards Harry.

Stella ran with all the energy she had left in her and blocked the spell , standing in front of where Harry was still on the ground. Voldemort growled, ready to kill the girl in front of her but before he could do so, Stella held her hand back for Harry to take who picked up his wand and was now standing besides Stella.

Voldemort shot the spell towards Stella who started blocking it with all her force but all the energy had already been drained from the body, resulting in Stella being thrown away.

Before anything could go wrong, both, Voldemort and Harry casted their spells in an almost simultaneous yell — Harry attempting to disarm Voldemort, and Voldemort attempting to murder Harry. The two spells collided with a bang like a cannon blast and once again locked in prioni Incantatem — though it was short-lived.

The elderlwand, however, refused to harm its true master and flipped over, flying high toward its rightful master. The rebounding killing curse hit Lord Voldemort, and his lifeless body hit the floor, the white hands empty, dead. He turned into ashes and flew away.

Panting heavily, Harry stumbled back with the elder wand in his hand. Stella got up on her feet and ran to Harry.

"Harry!" Stella cried, happy tears flowing down her eyes as she threw herself on harry, "you did it."

Harry hugged the girl back as she sobbed on his shoulder, kissing his forehead every now and then, being thankful that the boy was safe.

Everybody flooded outside, smiling ear to ear that their hard times had now ended.

"Ella!" Daphne shrieked causing Stella to pull away from Harry and run to her friend.

"Thank god you're okay." Stella cried happily, hugging the life out of her best friend.

Everybody walked inside the great Hall, Stella clasping her hand together with her best friend. Some were ecstatic ; smiling and healing others while some were crying over the death of their loved ones like the Weasleys.

Everybody shot Stella a sympathetic look.

Stopping besides where Tonks, Lupin and Fred were laying down, Stella broke into a stream of tears.

"I'm sorry." Stella croaked out causing everybody to go silent and look at the girl,"I'm so sorry that you all had to face this day where you lost your loved one. I could have stopped him way earlier but I didn't. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. Please forgive me."

"It's not your fault Stella." McGonagall was the first to spoke up,"Instead, you did everything to help everybody. You're such a brave girl. Don't blame yourself."

"Yes, we trust you. You did everything to help us. You didn't had a choice rather than joining him but you never meant it from heart. Although he was your father, you still stood up for what is right." This time Slughorn consoled the girl. Everybody gave a nod of approval causing Stella to feel a lot better.

LETTERS, harry potterOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara