Battle at the Underpass

"Come on dog, just a game of pool," Ben tried to convince Alex to go to the pool hall with him. 

"I don't play with amateurs," Alex said.

"Heard the part timer at the pool hall by the bridge underpass is fucking hot," Ben said. "The boys went yesterday and got coffee and everything, man. Also, I hear she looks like a hottie from the TV dramas,"

"You even have the cash for it?" Alex asked. "I'm not about to pay for you,"

"It's my treat," Ashur said. 

"Hell yeah! Let's go!" Ben cheered. "No switching up on us now!"

"Don't worry," Alex said. "She really that hot though?"

Ashur followed behind but glanced back when he felt someone watching them. He caught a glimpse of Phillip Kim who had a mischievous grin. 'What is that meanie up to? Whatever he's smiling about, I don't think it's good,'

Phillip Kim:
They're headed to the pool hall by the bridge underpass.

Phillip Kim: 
You'll catch 'em if you camp under there.

Jack Kang:
Be there by 4.

"Jimmy Bae and Jack Kang, those dumbasses," Phillip smirked. "All I have to do is stuff myself with popcorn and enjoy the show,"

"Enjoy what show?" Ashur popped up right in front of Phillip.

"Ah!" Phillip was startled and hadn't heard the approaching footsteps. "It's just a show on TV!"

'He's lying,' Ashur wanted to ask for more information but quickly ran to catch up to Ben and Alex when he saw that they were about to leave him behind. 'I saw him texting someone on his phone, but I don't know what it's about. I think it was someone named Kangaroo Jack? They must've really liked that movie to be nicknamed that. I like kangaroos. I wonder if Donald would let me have a kangaroo?'

No, Donald would not let him have a kangaroo.

"Let's skip the last class and get out of here," Ben suggested. "Word got out about that hottie. There might not be any tables if we're late. We've never skipped English class before, y'know?"

'Hm, we indeed haven't skipped English yet...' Alex thought, thinking of it as a valid argument.

"You guys can head there without me," Ashur said. "I don't want to skip any classes since my grades might suffer,"

"Your grades are already pretty good," Ben said. "Come on Ash, it's only one English class. Besides, you said that it's your treat. It'd be rude to play without you there,"

'Missing one class can't hurt my grade too badly,' Ashur agreed. "Alright, let's go!"

"It's always so quiet around the underpass," Alex commented as they passed under the bridge to get to the billiards place. "Spooky. What if a ghost jumps out?"

"My heart is pounding, bro," Ben teased as they walked up the stairs.

"Th-there's no need to...g-get tense about it," Alex stammered.

"Don't worry, Alex," Ashur said. "If we encounter a ghost, I'll catch it! I've always wanted to meet a ghost. Maybe my brother will let me keep it at our house and I'll have a ghost friend,"

"You seem very eager to meet a ghost," Alex said.

"Not all ghosts are meanies," Ashur claimed. "Some are nice like Jasper the Friendly Ghost!"