The Festival Part III

"Nom! Nom! Nom!" Ashur gnawed on a giant popsicle that Hyunjin had bought for him. 

"You know, I meant buy you food as in an actual meal," Hyunjin said.

"No, this is my lunch," Ashur claimed. "So Unjin, I wanted to adopt a puppy but Donald said no. How do I convince him to let me get a doggy?"

"He said no to a puppy, but not to a dog," Hyunjin smirked. "Find the loopholes in conversations, Ash. Adopt a dog as long as it's not a puppy,"

"You're being a bad influence on him," Gerard commented.

"His brother is literally a gang leader," Hyunjin pointed out. "I'm teaching him to not be naïve so he isn't taken advantage of. Why are you and your friends following us around? And if anyone's a bad influence, it's you. I bet you're still constantly getting into fights everyday,"

"Ashur's our friend," Gerard pointed out, ignoring the last two sentences to avoid an argument. "I'm pretty sure the others just want to see if we'll perform even though I told them no multiple times,"

"Come on Gerard," Alex said. "I know you can sing. Why don't you and your friend perform? There's a stage set up at the festival and we can probably ask to borrow their instruments. You two could be a bonus performance at the end,"

"The planned performance was actually canceled," A man informed. "Hyunjin, Gerard, it's been a while,"

"Hi Drumstick," Ashur waved at Sangman.

"My name is Sangman," The drummer sweat-dropped.

"Hey, is this a reunion or something?" A young man with black hair joined them.

"Hi Woo!" Ashur waved at him.

"It's Jinwoo, not just Woo," The newcomer also sweat-dropped.

"So Gerard," Rowan said. "All of your band members are here..."

"And the planned band won't be performing..." Ben added.

"So...Slam should perform," Alex suggested.

"I'm down if you guys are," Jinwoo shrugged. "Today's my day off,"

"No," Hyunjin refused without hesitation.

"Ashur, use Puppy Eyes!" Ben held up the shorter high schooler.

"Unjin?" Ashur asked with wide, glossy eyes. "Play music?"

"Everyone spoils you too much," Hyunjin mumbled. "Including me,"

"Please Unjin?" Ashur pleaded. "Play music?"

"Fine," Hyunjin ruffled Ashur's hair. "Sometimes I wonder if your childish behavior is all just an act so you can manipulate people,"

"I don't like manicures," Ashur frowned. "I don't like cutting my nails but Donald and Kingsley force me to since they grew too long,"

XXX

The Union were also on a lunch break and since most of the tables in dining tent were taken, they just opted to eat their lunch near the shelter's tent. "Hey Uncle Donald," Kayden brought up randomly again. "Buy me a walrus,"

"No," Donald once again refused. "Stop asking me to buy you a walrus,"

Kayden stuck his tongue out at him. "Stingy uncle," 

To everyone who were not Kingsley, Kaia, Alain, Kayden, Fox, or Sally, Donald's casual behavior was so foreign to them. He was actually interacting with the family like a normal human being. They never thought that they'd ever see this side of Donald Na, Rank 1 in the Shuttle Patch Rankings, head of Yeo-Il High School, and founder of the Yeongdeungpo Union.