Different - Solangelo

Nico looked at himself in the mirror. Baggy eyes, shaggy hair, skinny frame, weird, depressed, dark clothes. Nico could on and on naming insecurities. 

"Nico?" Will walked in seeing his boyfriend looking in the mirror.

"Why am I not perfect?" Nico whispered. A single tear slid down his cheek and he tried to hide it. 

"Oh, Nico." Will led his boyfriend to the bed and sat them down.

"Nico nobody is perfect. Not me, or the president, heck the smartest person in the world isn't perfect. Humans have flaws and everything about that is okay," Will said. Nico looked at his feet, not believing what Will said. 

"If I'm not perfect then why do you love me?" Nico asked. Will traced the bags under Nico's eyes.

"I fell in love with you because of your flaws. Every mark, every imperfection reminds me why I love you. These bags under your eyes? Beautiful. It's like a painting. Many different colors. And the little baby fat on your belly? Adorable." Will rolled them over so that he was lying next to Nico. He held Nico tight and traced the pads of his hands.

"You know if every person was perfect there wouldn't be anything left to love because that person would be like everyone else. Normal, mundane. Our flaws make us who we are." Will didn't say anymore.

"Thank you," Nico whispered. He slowly started to believe Will. Flaws are what make a human unique.