Chapter 23

"I liked it when my heart raced. But it doesn't anymore. I feel empty."
_________

"Here, banana milk,"

V muttered, handing Hyojoo a carton of banana milk. Hyojoo beamed as her face flushed scarlet red. Classmates sitting around them saw the scene and gushed. Some girls were jealous of the attention Hyojoo was receiving from V while others were fangirling. The boys were either jealous of V or making fun of the situation.

"T-Thank you,"

Hyojoo muttered, unable to contain her excitement as a small smile crept up her face. Seeing how flustered she was, V smiled as well. His heart started beating a little faster. He felt like he might have been returning to how he felt in the past.
For the past few days, he had not known why but he did not feel nervous around Hyojoo. She did not make him smile as much as she did last time. He thought he might have been going crazy but everything seemed to have gone back to normal.

"Tae?"

Hyojoo asked in confusion. She had been talking to him but he had zoned out in the middle of their conversation.

"Oh- sorry. I was just um, wondering... What club did you join?"

V asked, going according to the advice Bom had given him.

"Oh! Book club! Why?"

"Oh..."

V muttered. He hated reading books. Unwillingly, he would fall asleep whenever he read any kind of books. However, Bom did say that he had to join the same club as Hyojoo's. So, he just plastered a fake smile and said,

"I'm joining the book club! What a coincidence, am I right! Hahaha..."

He forced a laugh and Hyojoo just awkwardly laughed as she took a sip of her banana milk. It was that feeling. That feeling was back. The same feeling V had been feeling for a few days lately.  His heart was not racing anymore, his cheeks were not flushed anymore and he did not feel anything again.

Something was miserably wrong.