Chapter 46

"I can't tell if I'm a fool for saying I liked her when I wasn't and just lying to myself."
______

"Let's break up,"

V said, looking lifeless as he stood in front of Hyojoo. Her eyes started welling up in tears as she grabbed his hand tightly, refusing to let go. Guiltily, V snatched his hand away from Hyojoo's grip.

"Why? Did I do something wrong? How about the contract?"

"No, you didn't do anything wrong. I just realised that I never liked you. It was all infatuation. I'm sorry,"

V said, not daring to make eye contact with Hyojoo. Hyojoo started bawling as she shook her head.

"No, no! There's no way! How could it be infatuation? The way you looked at me, y-you're lying!"

Hyojoo screamed, shaking her head vigorously as she grabbed onto her hair and pulled it. She was near insanity when V grabbed onto her arm, preventing her from doing so.

"Look, I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't have gotten your hopes up like that. I'm a jerk and I know that but for us both to be happy, we must let go,"

He said softly as Hyojoo blinked back her tears that were welling up in her eyes once again. She took deep breaths and nodded. Speaking softly with a quivering voice, she said,

"I understand. I guess this is really it then..."

V smiled sadly at her before turning around and walking towards his father's company. The heavy feeling of the consequences of breaking up with Hyojoo could be felt on his shoulders. How was he going to get 1,000,000,000.00 won from his father? Especially after he decided to cease the contract?