Chapter Nine.

Harry woke with a groan and to his throat being extremely dry.

He pried his crusted over eyelids open and decided to take in his surroundings.

Ah bloody hell! He was in a fucking hospital room. Harry groaned once again and closed his eyes.

"Is he dead?"

Harry would've busted out laughing at this, but right now he just felt way to exhausted.

"Niall buddy, common sense"

Harry grinned at this, and recognized the voice.

But then his grin dropped and he opened his eyes.

"Leeyum?"

Harry saw Liam whip his head around from talking to Zayn.

"Hey Harry" Liam said softly stepping up to the side of the hospital bed.

"I'm sorry" Harry blurted out.

Liam smiled, "it's fine- I mean it's not but..your alive so.."

Harry grimaced and sighed knowing Liam was most definitely upset with him.

"Where's Louis?"

Harry noticed the other two boys but there was no sign of Louis.

Liam scratched the back of his head at this, "He- uh is grabbing something to drink"

Harry narrowed his eyes at Liam but nodded anyway. "Ok" and with that Harry closed his eyes again.

He huffed and felt a huge pressure on his shoulders.

He wanted Louis and he wanted him now.

"Hey we are going to get something to eat while we are waiting for the doc to come back, you want anything?" Liam asked.

Harry opened his eyes and shook his head, he wasn't hungry at all.

Liam gave him a look full of concern but walked out with the other two in tow.

It was quite hilarious to watch. Liam was the momma duck while the other two were the small ducklings, and if Louis was here, he would be the one who just ventured off.

Harry closed his eyes and was going to try to get some more sleep.

Felt like he could just die at any moment.

After a couple of minutes, Harry felt the bed dip and a pair of small hands cup his face.

Harry smiled sadly, knowing exactly who those hands belonged too.

"Louis" Harry whimpered out.

Harry opened his eyes and felt his lips tremble.

Louis smiled down at Harry from where he sat.

'Hi' Louis mouthed.

Harry lost it and started to sob, he was in pain but it wasn't his pain that he felt.

Louis's smile dropped and as if on instinct pulled harry into his arms, to which harry buried his face in the crook of his neck.

Louis didn't understand, was it something he said? Or perhaps maybe it was something he wasn't saying.

Hot tears spilled down and soaked into Louis shirt and neck.

But Louis didn't mind as he began to softly rock him and harry from side to side.

There was nothing he could do as he held Harry close to him. He felt helpless...

He knew what he could do to stop everything and everyone's confusion and yet he couldn't bring himself to tell harry.

Louis already slipped up once and now the love of his life was paying the price.

So with a stray tear falling down Louis's cheek he waited and held harry as he fell unconscious.

Harry snapped his eyes open as he didn't feel Louis with him anymore.

His breathing grew heavier as he realized he was nowhere? Everything was black and he was standing in what looked like a never-ending room.

Nothing could be seen besides himself.

What the hell was going on?

"Love"

Harry whipped around at the sound of someone standing behind him. Harrys confusion quickly dissipated as he breathed out "louis".

Louis stood before harry smiling.

"Took you long enough," Louis said playfully rolling his eyes.

Harry's eyebrows scrunched together in confusion.

"What do you mean? Where are we? Are we kidnapped?! Oh my God, this isn't happening!" harry exclaimed.

He was freaking out, what the hell was happening. Just then he felt hands on either side of his face instantly redirecting his attention.

"Calm down Harold, we aren't kidnapped and about where we are, lets just say we are in your head" Louis said shrugging his shoulders.

"This is a dream?"

"Basically, but you're getting nowhere so I needed to talk to you somehow" Louis exclaimed stepping back.

Louis began pacing as Harry stared at him.

"What are you talking about?" harry asked his heart starting to pound against his rib cage.

"Harry, my love, it's time. You need to let go and remember. You're hurting yourself even more by not letting yourself heal! What about the others? C'mon harry..." 

Harry suddenly didn't feel ok.

"What?" he just didn't understand any of this!

"Let. Go." Louis said staring intently at harry.

"What am I letting go of?!" harry yelled getting angry.

"C'mon harry! Remember!" Louis yelled back.

Harry practically saw red, "I don't know what I'm supposed to remember!!"

"What happened that day after I left to go get food?! Tell me!"

Harry's stance faltered as he was trying to remember.

Niall eating all the food, Liam breaking up a fight, zayn smiling, Louis grabbing keys and leave-

"No"

Louis turned towards Harry with tears in his eyes.

"No"

"Its ok babe"

"No-" Harry choked out a sob.

"That's not right, I stopped it. It was a bad dream and it's over" harry rambled on yanking at his hair.

Louis shook his head as he looked at harry. All he wanted was to hold him and yet he couldn't.

"It's time to wake up now" Louis whispered staring at his hands.

Just as Harry was about to run over to Louis to plead for more answers a blinding light came erupting out of nowhere blinding Harry.

Fuck it hurt! But what hurt the most was the newfound knowledge.

"Harry!"

"Wake up!"

Harry shot up with a cry and looked around frantically.

"What are you looking for?" Niall asked confused.

Harry continued to look around but found no sign of him.

Liam saw this and grimaced, "more like who" he whispered facing away to hide his own tears.