The Beginning of Repeating Freshman Year

Ashur Na stared sadly at his report card. He had tried so hard, yet all of his grades for his classes were F's except for the A he had in PE. He had spent hours studying each night, but he couldn't keep up with the rigorous lessons at Yeo-Il. He was pretty sure the A was mostly out of pity since he was missing his right eye and left arm. If anything, he would've probably gotten a D, maybe a C at most.

He sometimes overheard his teachers comparing him to his twin brother, Donald. Donald was the top of the school, even scoring grades higher than all of the seniors. They thought that as Donald Na's twin brother, he should be a genius too. When they saw how different their levels in intellect were, they talked about how all of the brain cells must've gone to Donald.

Those words stung Ashur. He hated being compared to his brother. He was not Donald, so of course he wouldn't be as smart as him. They were both their own person. Why couldn't the school staff realize that?

On appearance alone, not many people would realize that Ashur was Donald's twin brother. Donald Na had pale, vampiric skin and blood red eyes with platinum blonde hair. Ashur had more color to his skin with messy, naturally dark purple hair and sky blue eyes. Well, he only had his left eye. He had lost his right eye as a child while protecting his brother from their abusive parents. 

Also, while Donald Na was on the tall side and actually taller than most people, Ashur Na was only four feet ten inches tall.

"Ashur, why so gloomy?" Donald asked his brother once he got home. "It's summer break now. School's out,"

'He's going to be disappointed,' Ashur wordlessly handed the report card to him. 

Donald scanned the report card but wasn't upset. "Ashur, I know that you tried really hard. I saw you stay up for hours each night to study. The only times you got any sleep were when we snuck sleeping pills into your food and drinks,"

"Wait, you did what!?"

"Don't worry about it," Donald patted his brother's head. "Well, it looks like you got kicked out of Yeo-Il, so we'll have to find a new school for you to attend,"

"I have to repeat freshman year," Ashur wailed. "Let me go to the school with the easiest courses,"

'That'd be Eunjang but...' Donald thought back to the Eunjang Middle School students, Ben Park and Alex Go, who would most likely be going to Eunjang High School. 'Those two aren't the type to pick on a person, but the other students in Eunjang might think Ashur is an easy target. I know Ashur can fight and protect himself. If he's in trouble, he can call me and I'll rush to his location,' "I'll enroll you into Eunjang. I'm sure you won't fail their classes,"

XXX

"A new school year, a new school," Ashur sighed as he arrived at Eunjang, completely oblivious to the hostile attitude of the students. "What class am I in?" 'Class 1-8. I have no idea where that is,'

"Hey, you look lost," A freshman with red hair and dark eyes tapped his shoulder. "Which class are you in?"

"Class 1-8," Ashur answered.

"That's the class we're in," The red head's friend, a boy with black hair and green eyes, said. "We're heading there right now,"

Ashur nodded. "Okay,"

"I'm Ben Park," The red head introduced himself.

"I'm Alex Go," The raven added.

"I'm Ashur Na," Ashur smiled, glad that the first people he interacted with at his new school were nice.