Chapter 1

REVAMP DATE: 10/2/21

     It was a bright and sunny spring morning, the wind whipped slightly, brushing against the crisp trees. The sun was out, shining wonderfully in the sky. Everyone was abustle with their daily lives and such, children played in the fields, their bright kites displayed across the light blue sky. All-around life was flourishing, flowers blooming, fruits ripening, the smell of fresh baked bread lingered in the air. The sight and smell was enough to make anyone smile at the faintest glance. Including Britain which was a rare occurrence for him. Even within the castle he found a prison, he could smile. Just for once.

It was almost his 18th birthday.

He had been looking forward to this for a long, long time. It never quite left the back of his mind at any given time. Even in his dreams, the thought of walking away from a royal life made him feel something. To explore and see the world beyond the walls and doors of the prison he called home, was all he ever wanted. To be freed from his parents, the constant work and stress they threw onto him, and to see the world. Maybe he could visit some old friends, see how life was in foren country's, anything but work for his parents. He would trade his life for anything.

Everyone wanted to be royal, rich, catered to every second of the day.

Britain despised it.

He hated his life.

He hated being treated like a baby. Not allowed to go anywhere in less he snuck out. When he was young it was like his whole life was perfect, but that perfection quickly dissolved into hatred and mistrust.

Nothing.

He had throught about running away, going to one of his isles and hiding. But he knew he would be found and brought back. He couldn't hide with the amount of respect and power his father had. The whole world would be searching for him. There was completely and utterly nothing he could do. And the worst part was he couldnt stand his father. The constant disapproval, not doing it right, everything he did was wrong in his fathers eyes. Britain silently abhorred him.

Only a few more months and it would be all gone. All done. He could forget about everything in his past life. Start a new one, maybe explore. He could do anything he wanted.But he was still a bird stuck in a cage. There were still weeks left to suffer, and piles of work he had to do. But yet again it was a nice day. Foreigners would be pouring in the gates, wanting a slice of peace in their mind, even if it only lasted for a day. Britain chuckled to himself. ' There's no peace in sight here ' he rolled his eyes.

Watching the dust float into the air, the country glanced over, watching as the sun shone lightly through his closed curtains. No matter how much he despised being in this place there was always one thing he could come to appreciate.

The sun wouldnt last long, so out of his rage Britian unlocked his door and wandered into the hallway. Servants, and other ' important ' people stared at the prince in confusion, not having seen him in at least a week. Britian was quiet and walked firmly down the hall in an almost ghostly fashion. There was something different with him. Something almost no one could understand.

Wandering upon the large Oak door, Britain flung it open, feeling the warm golden rays beat down on his face. Closing his eyes, Britain sucked in a deep breath, sighing at the comforting smell the outside always had to him. The scent of roses, and the sound of bells and laughter echoed through the secluded rose garden, making him grumble slightly unhappy. He couldnt even go and meet his subjects. Unhapply glancing around the same rose gardens he had been playing in when he was only three, a weird feeling settled in his chest. The only happy memmoreis he had were not even happy. They were a reminder of his imprisonment.