Chapter 6 ( New Chapter )

France blinked blankly as she stared at the piece of thin paper in her hands. She felt as if she was going to vomit as she read the words over in her mind.

" By joining the global signatories of this symbolic treaty, I solemnly vow to enlist my best intentions and efforts in the promotion of goodwill, compassion, and respect between all people, creeds, and nationalities.

I openly welcome all healthy opportunities to develop greater love, understanding, and empathy for my human family around the world. The boundaries and borders of all divisions can be bridged by those who demand that all human beings have hearts, hopes, and fatalities worthy of our efforts to dignify.

I recognize that achieving the dream of a kinder world is more possible because of my unique contributions. World peace is possible, and we must share this small world in greater safety and harmony. By simply stating our desire we sow the seeds of great change. I am that change. I am the dream. I am the difference. I am the future. Let this treaty be a starting point for a new era of understanding. This is my oath of intent to offer an open hand to all who would reach for it in goodwill desiring peace. "

France looked up from her page and stared across the table at the two kings as they stood together in a sharp line, shoulder to shoulder. Her hands shook from under the table as the French Monarchy towered above her small form.

" Let's get started shall we." Britians father gestured the first page of the newly drafted Treaty of the Peace and Cooperation that would define their long-term diplomatic relations. The princess shifted uncomfortably in her chair, glancing at the Prince who looked equally as sick from a few chairs away.

" When you sign these papers, it binds the kingdoms to pursue better trade and world peace. The wording in no way requires us to lay down our weapons, but rather establishes the presence of both of our countries with the message that we seek to move beyond the troubles of the past to a new era of growth and cooperation." The French king nodded as he spoke.

" These papers do not specify the transfer of power, but as of now the formal wedding between the heirs of both the French and British kingdom are set for four months from now. This wedding signifies all power being handed down and the expectation of a new heir to be born after that."

France felt her stomach churn. This really was happening. She was going to throw up. The time had come to sign her life away on a piece of parchment and give herself over to a stranger's control. She didn't want to rule the British kingdom, she didn't want to have children with some stuck-up royal. She wanted to be a normal woman with her own family, her own life.

" There is one final amendment that will be added to the treaty." The French king spoke calmly. Britain's father snapped his head to the other royal and watched closely, almost like he hadn't an idea of what he was talking about

" If there is an instance of wrongdoing, war, mutiny, or any attempt of assassination during this four-month-long wait, my daughter shall be placed in the hands of the German Empire and his son. If it is to happen this formal wedding will be canceled and all power and status of my empire shall belong in the hands of the Germans at that point "

France shivered at the mention of his name. She had a spotty relationship with the Germans, Reich to be more specific.It was true that she had feelings for him at one point but after a while, her feelings were more out of fear for what he could do rather than romanticism.

The two had met each other at random and France admired his fighting spirit and interest in the world. He was a sweet man, tall and good-looking with ambition for the future. He shared the same desire for adventure that she had only dreamed of and their friendship slowly blossomed over time. They would spend much time in the large garden in the spring and he would surprise her with gifts and was such a gentleman that it was easy to fall in love.