Chapter 7 ( New Chapter )

( Sorry about such the long chapter ;w; )

Britain shivered as he wrapped himself in a hug. France was going to be furious with him. He had to ask, he had to do it. She didn't know about any of it, she wouldn't know how to react. This was going to be the end of him.

Taking a shart left the prince ducked into his room, locking it quickly. He paced the room back and forth, nerves eating him up. How could he, no how would he do this! Thoughts flew through his mind as tears slowly pricked at his eyes.

All the dread and anguish had come back and it was choking him quietly inside that one dark bedroom. His feet started to stumble under him as he grabbed onto the crimson curtain and pulled himself back up on his feet. He could do this, he just had to. His throat burned as he coughed a few times, throwing the door to the balcony open and stumbling over to the rail. He let out a few more quiet gasps, tears falling over the rail and onto the roses below.

He looked down at the village below him shining brightly, though he couldn't make out much detail other than the blackness of the ocean on the other side.

The night air brought some calm relief to his anxiety as the pale moonlight showed over the landscape. He was such a baby, couldn't even go without crying. It was so hard to stay strong

He let out a short sniffle and looked down, hiding the pain in his eyes behind a gloved hand. Leaning over the rail he pulled out the little box and stared at the small diamond ring nestled in the red velvet. It glinted in the light, the fear in his eyes reflecting back on its smooth surface.

He took a few shaky breaths before looking back at the village.

He had to do this. He didn't want to.

But he had to

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

" Good morning Britain! '' Mina waltzed through the halls, a large stack of pillows in her hands. The prince didn't respond. At first he believed that he couldn't hear, but quickly noticed his drained and pale face.

" Sir are you alright? " She placed down the pillows and stood in front of him. Britain stared blankly at her, his large eyebags easy to notice. His voice quietly rasped a reply and Mina cringed. He must have been up all night.

" You look like death sir! Come on let's get you back to bed " she took his arm, gently leading the Prince back down the long winding halls. Mina glanced back and forth between his face and the red carpet, unsure of what had happened the prior night.

" What happened to you? I know that you couldn't just end up like this without a reason. Are you concerned about the wedding... " she asked, grabbing his tophat from the floor. Britain started ahead down the hall and slowly turned to face the servant.

" I have to do it. I can't do it. " he slumped. Mina raised an eyebrow.

" Do what sir? I dont understand " she stared questionly. Britain groaned slighty and pulled out the small velvet box from his pocket. Mina gasped slightly and took the box from his hands, opening it with a smile.

" Are you going to propose?! " Her voice was giddy and excited as she glanced at the flashy ring from inside. Britain shook his head in dismay.

" I'm-. I'm being forced to... We were invited to a masquerade ball for a United Nations meeting and.. and my father gave me this and forced me to do it or something bad would happen.... Something that could really hurt... I can't say anything else. " he snatched the ring back and shoved the object back into his pocket.