Chapter 8 ( New Chapter )

( Sorry for such a short chapter!! ) 

" Hey everybody look! " France gulped as her head snapped towards Vatican who stood tall on a chair. He was still too short to see over the crowd, but his loud voice did the job of gathering attention. The important attendees at the front table stopped their talking and UN even sat his drink down to figure out what was happening. The Vatican jumped up and down gently and pointed at the two, yelping "They're gonna get married!"

A wave of gasps and surprised chatter wrang through the crowd and people slowly started to shift from their positions and make a small circle around the two. France felt her head sweat profusely as everyone stared at them with bright eyes and happy smiles as Britain watched from the floor. Vatican pushed his way through the crowd, yelling a few other things until Italy finally caught hold of him and shushed the child. Frace stood stone still as she watched a few happy couples stand in the front, their hands strung together in love, their own wedding rings shining in the light. The orchestra came to a quiet hault as a path opened for the Organizations to pass through.

France looked back down at Britain, gazing at his longing face as he balanced on one knee with a glimmering ring in his right hand. She opened her mouth slightly but closed it tightly when UN wandered up near her. The Englishmen seemed to notice her anxiety and started speaking.

" I understand we have only known each other for a few weeks, but it's true that I have fallen for you over that time. Such beauty and a pure soul are hard to find and I have no doubt stumbled across an angel. I know our future might not be planned out at this moment, but we can do great things, it just takes one step. " he tried his best not to sound sappy to the entire crowd, shifting slightly on his knee. A few people awwed and others just watched quietly.

France listened quietly and tears swelled in her eyes as she weakly replied. " Yes... "

Britain let out an internal sigh as he gently tugged her white glove off, slipped the ring on, and gave her hand a small kiss. Cheers and excited clapping filled the room as a few champagne bottles popped in the back. UN and EU stood almost proud at the side, clapping happily. " Congratulations " EU bowed slightly, patting the Brit gently on the back. Britain stood up, nodding to EU and pulling France into a small hug, listening to her start sniffling sadly in his ear. He breathed in the smell of wisteria and lavender as he gently held her tight, rubbing the princess back slightly. His head hurt at the realization of what he had just done started to settle in his mind.

" I'm sorry... " he whispered, knowing those weren't tears of joy she was shedding. France's breathing picked up gradually, and Britain tried his best to keep her from hyperventilating. France didn't pull away from his embrace and after a few minutes spoke quietly, her voice barely above a whisper.

" I should be mad at you and I should try to hate you, but... It's not your fault, and I just... I can't believe this is happening. This is my worst nightmare..." she shakily admitted, her mascara running in long dark streaks down her face as she continued to sob. The princess hicked a few times she clung to his back, her head resting on his shoulder in anguish. Britan rubbed her back gently and for the first time felt as if he understood what she was trying to say. He understood how she felt. She was finally letting him in.

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

" Ahh, your just jealous you big idiot! " Ireland laughed whispering to his brother next to him.