twelve

Isla's POV:

The rest of the week dragged on and soon it was time for the next Triwizard Tournament challenge. 

"Harry did you figure out how to open the egg?" I asked him as we walked through a corridor.

"No. I can't figure-" Harry started but then was cut off by a sound.

"Harry!" A voice called from down the corridor. A boy in Hufflepuff robes and dark brown hair approached us.

"Cedric, what is it?" Harry asked the boy. So that was Cedric Diggory. He was in the tournament and I had seen him fight the dragon and at the yule ball, but I had never looked at him up close. He had a warm smile and soft gray eyes. His eyes were a delicate gray unlike the storms in Draco's eyes. 

"If you wanted to know how to open the egg, one should listen to it in a bath," Cedric explained. He patted Harry's shoulder. "Good luck." He winked and ran off back to other Hufflepuff's.

"Why'd he help you?" I asked.

"I told him about the dragons in the first challenge," Harry said.

"Oh okay," I replied. We were both quiet for a while. "Well Harry, go listen to it under water what are you waiting for!" 

"Right!" Harry jumped up and ran off in the other direction. "Wish me luck!" he yelled as he ran.

"Good luck!" I called out. I turned and looked out of one of the corridors open windows and stared out to the glistening black lake. 

"What do you think about the next challenge, Jones?" a voice boomed behind me. I whipped around to see Draco.

"Do you follow me?" I asked him.

"Of course not," he rolled his eyes.

"Why are you always popping up out of no where!" I exclaimed. I threw my hands up and turned to the lake again.

"Do you think he will last ten minutes?" Draco asked, leaning on the corridor wall and gazing out to the lake as well.

"Frankly, I don't think you could last five," I mumbled.

"You underestimate me, Jones," Draco smirked.

"Then I'd like to see you fight a dragon and then try to figure out how to open a screaming egg," I raised my eyebrows.

"Oh I could easily," he assured me. 

"Oh I bet you could, Malfoy because you can do anything apparently."

"Pretty much," he agreed. 

"Why are you here?" I questioned.

"Figured you wanted to see me again."

"No I think you just want to see me at this point," I huffed. 

"Then I'll leave," he replied coldly.

"I was just saying that you love to be around me," I smiled.

"Look, I really came over here because I need to tell you something," Draco said.

"Well what?" I asked. I picked up my bag off the ground in preparation to leave.

"Meet me at the astronomy tower at ten," Draco said.

"That's after hours."

"Well obviously. I don't want any one else there, Jones."

"I can't make any promises," I smirked then turned to leave. Draco grabbed my arm and pulled me back to him. I had missed his touch.