thirty

thirty already?!!! AHHHH!! thank you so so much for the support on my story! the votes, comments, and views really mean so much to me. so y'all already know it is going to be an intense chapter 😏

much love, enjoy <3

-

Draco swam back to the dock and started climbing out silently. 

"Draco!" I exclaimed, swimming after him. "It's too late, just tell me what it is. Tell me it isn't what I think it is."

He just continued climbing out so I climbed out after him.

I grabbed his right arm, careful not to touch the other, and spun him around.

"Tell me," I said sternly.

"You know what it is," Draco said softly. I shook my head.

"It can't be..."

"It is!" Draco said angrily. "And I can't ever get it off. I shouldn't have done it. But I couldn't let my family down. It burns, Jones." He started shaking his arm then he pulled back his sleeve and looked at the serpent slithering around the skull. "It stings too."

"I can't believe you gave into them," I mumbled.

"Me either." We stood there in silence for a moment before Draco said, "I need to go."

"Just don't do anything you'll regret with that thing," I said, pointing to the mark.

"I already have," he said. "I got the mark which was my first mistake and now I've-" he cut himself off. "Never mind."

"Tell me, I'm too deep in this now."

"It doesn't involve you, Isl- Jones. You're right, you are too deep into it, so you need to pretend this never happened. You never saw the mark and you never saw me on your vacation," Draco explained.

"At least let me walk you to your house," I suggested.

"You can walk me half way there, but you can't come close to it," he said.

"Why can't you tell me what you're hiding?"

"For the last time, you aren't my friend! I can't tell you everything and I don't want to either," he exclaimed. "Get it in your mind that I don't care about you."

"You've done quite a lot for you not to care about me, Malfoy."

"So have you, and I thought you didn't care about me."

"I'll walk with you till I get to my house," I said, starting to leave.

"Even better," he scoffed. We walked in silence, something that was quite familiar when with Draco Malfoy.

"Right," I said once we reached the rental. "See you in September-" Draco held up his hand to stop me.

"What are you-"

"Shhh!" he quieted me. He stood listening.

"We have to go," he whispered.

"Just go in the rental," I said.

"No, they know we are here," he whispered back. "We have to go right now." We started off down the road at a brisk pace.

"Who are we running from?" I asked.

"My family."

"Your dad would be mad if we found us but do you really think it's that bad?"

"I'm not just talking about my immediate family," he replied.