fifteen

"I think we should go," Hermione stated as we walked back inside.

"Parties never go well with us," I replied.

"Please!" she begged. "Everyone is going!"

"No Hermione! Why don't you go alone? Or beg Harry and Ron to go. Why don't you ask Ginny?" I snapped. 

"Because you're my best friend," Hermione pouted. "Maybe Draco will be there-" I gave her a death stare. "Right. Sorry."

"I'm not going," I declared. 

"Great! Be ready by ten, it's a late night one!" Hermione ran off.

"That's worse! And I already said I'm not going to go!" I called after her.

"What's that?" she called. "I can't hear you!"

"You are the bloody worst sometimes Hermione-" A warm hand was placed on my shoulder. I jumped back and saw Harry. "Oh, Harry!"

"I didn't mean to startle you, Isla," he smiled. "Are you planning on going to the party tonight?"

"I don't know..."

"We could go together?" Harry suggested.

I couldn't resist his kind smiled and shining eyes. "Okay fine. But only because you're coming."

"Brilliant! See you there!" Harry fell behind me to catch back up with Ron.

"This is a stupid idea," I murmured to myself. 

-

-

"I think this is going to be the party were we actually have fun," Hermione said as she brushed out her frizzy brown hair.

"They never are," I groaned. We were getting ready to leave to go to the party. "Where is the party anyways?"

"Hufflepuff common room, I think," Hermione said, applying some lipgloss. "Ready?"

"Sure, I guess," I sighed.

"Oh lighten up!" Hermione said. We left the dorm room and meet the boys, Harry and Ron, downstairs.

"Is this like a double date or something?" I asked. Harry chuckled to himself. Hermione turned around and gave me a glare. "Oh lighten up, Hermione."

"I-" Hermione took a deep breath in. "You are annoying tonight." She stepped through the painting and we walked down the cold pitch black hall. This again. Parties weren't my thing, especially from the last two experiences. When we got to the door of the Hufflepuff common room, the music was already throbbing in my ears, as you could hear it from outside. 

As Hermione and Ron stepped in, I held Harry back. "Parties aren't really my thing, just by the way. I'm not sure if you've been to a party here but they get- I mean, I imagine they get pretty crazy."

"I'm not really a party person either I just wanted to spend time with you," Harry smiled. My heart filled up and I smiled. "I guess there is more enjoyable ways to hangout but this will still fun since you are here."

"Yup, your crazy party animal here," I said sarcastically.

"Come on!" he pulled me inside the common room. Flashing lights blinked around the room, music blasted, people sat in corners talking, and a big game of truth or dare was right in the middle.

"Harry," Cedric called out, realizing we had arrived. "I was just playing some truth or dare. Liquid luck to make you brave since you have to do any dare they say and some veritaserum to make sure you tell the truth. Someone stole them from Snape's office."