twenty two

"A teardrop is insignificant in a pool of water, but it can touch the soul as it runs down someone's face" - Author Unknown

"This probably makes me look pathetic," I chuckled stepping out of the hug and drying my eyes. "And why are you eve helping me?"

"Because I know how it feels," Draco said. "I know it hurts but it gets better. Eventually it does."

"I can't believe I loved him," I scoffed. "I need to go before they come looking for me." I started to leave when Draco grabbed my arm. 

"It does get better, Jones. Don't forget that," Draco said. 

"You either," I replied. Draco seemed to also be hurting. I wasn't quite sure why but I could sense that his life was hard. I turned and left the tower and went right to Ginny's room. I knew that if I went back to my room, Hermione would find me so I was going to stay with Ginny. I knocked on the door and Ginny answered. 

"Oh you're here! I expected you'd be at the meeting," I said.

"I had too much schoolwork. Why are you here?" she asked. 

"I- um," tears started pouring down my face again.

"Don't cry!" Ginny exclaimed. "Come in." I sat down on her bed and started explaining what had happened between sobs.

"I'll kill him," Ginny hissed when I had finished.

"I can't believe he would do such a thing," I sighed. 

"I'll kill him," Ginny repeated. 

"No Ginny. I appreciate it but violence won't help my heartbreak. It's never the answer."

"You sound like my mum," she laughed weakly. A knock sounded at the door. "Quick hide!!" I slipped under her bed where I found a pair of stale socks and a box of sweets. 

"Hermione," Ginny said at the door frame.

"Have you seen Isla?" she asked worriedly. "I need to know what happen."

"Harry's a selfish jerk, that's what happened," Ginny said.

"So you've talked to her?" Hermione asked.

"Maybe, maybe not."

"I'm not playing around Ginny. Where is she hiding?"

"Maybe she wants to stay hidden," Ginny said.

"She's my best friend-"

Ginny shut the door on her face. "Gosh does she ever stop worrying!" I came out from under her bed.

"Alohomora!" Hermione exclaimed bursting through the door. 

Ginny jumped in front of me. "Leave," Ginny gritted through her teeth. 

"Isla!" Hermione ran toward me but I stepped back. "Isla..." Hermione's voice faded.

"Leave," Ginny said. 

"Isla I was just worried for you," Hermione said. 

"He kissed Cho," I muttered. The color in Hermione's face drained to the color of a white sheet.

"I'm so sorry- I-" Hermione stuttered. "They're in the common room but you don't have to come out."

"I'm not leaving this room," I said. "I plan on staying her for the next three days." And that is exactly what I did. Hermione or Ginny brought food and schoolwork to the room everyday while I lounged in bed during the time they were at school. They had made me a bed on the floor but I was fine with it. On the third day when Ginny and Hermione came in with my breakfast, they were in a bad mood.