seventeen

The rest of fourth year goes on quickly. Everyone is shook up and rattled after Cedric's death. It's hard to focus in class as the end of the year is approaching. Soon, it is summer holiday and school is over.

"You can come to the Burrow if you want to," Ron explains to me on the train back to London.

"I know but my parents are coming to the UK and want to see me. I really want to see them as well, since I haven't seen them for a year," I reply. The Hogwarts Express halts to a stop and kids start filing out onto Kings Cross.

"We will miss you, Isla," Hermione hugs me tightly before getting off the train.

"See you around!" Ron calls from the platform.

"I'll miss you," Harry says. "Don't forget to write."

I kiss him on the cheek lightly which makes Harry turn red. "And you don't forget to respond to my letters!" I wave to him and step off the train and search for my parents.

The platform is a sea of students and parents and I can't see far ahead. I wait by a wall till the crowd softens up and I can see easier. My parents aren't here.

"Maybe they didn't know how to get through the wall?" I mumble to myself. I leave the platform and disappear through the wall to the main station. I search for the blue and brown hues of my parents but I don't see them anywhere.

A warm tear rolls off my face. I need them. I hadn't seen them for a year and I missed them so much. Maybe there flight got delayed? I leave the station and wait outside. A taxi pulls up and a women with slivery blonde hair gets out of the car hurriedly. She looks panicked. A tall man with short brown climbs out and they start towards the station distortedly.

"Isla?" the woman asked.

"Mom?" I stepped towards the couple and realized it's them. I ran into their embrace, never wanting to let go.

"You've grown so much!" my mother exclaims. Had I? "You're almost as tall as me! And your hair has grown too."

My dad holds my face and looks lovingly to me. "We've missed you, Island."

Island was their nickname for me, even though it was longer then Isla. They were the only ones who called me that. Their little island. Their little world.

"Our flight was delayed and we had to rush to the station! No time to write to the bird," my mom said.

"It's an owl," I laugh. "We should go, so no muggles hear us." I step away and towards the taxi.

"Muggle?" my mom looks to my dad to see if he knows what it means. He shrugs.

"Non-wizard folk," me and my dad say at the same time. My mom is a muggle and my dad is a wizard. He never went to Hogwarts though so he wasn't familiar with the wizarding world in England.

"Oh!" my parents exclaim. We climb back into the taxi and head to The Three Broomsticks.

______

Dear Isla,

One week in and I already miss you.

Harry

Dear Harry,

I've been enjoying staying with my family! How have the Weasleys been? I miss you.

Isla

Isla,

Very hectic. You don't want to know how many times Fred has attacked Hermione and Ginny- too many.

Send help,

Harry

Harry,

Don't die. I love you too much for you to die.

Yours,

Isla

Isla,

Almost died today. George and Fred wanted to play quidditch... They don't mess around.

In bed with a swollen ankle,

Harry

Harry,

Oh no!! Get better <3 See you at Hogwarts soon!!

ISLA LOVES YOU

Isla,

All better again (barley after George body slammed me and my ankle- twice). See you this week at Kings Cross!!

HARRY LOVES YOU

_______

Summer flew by and I was back at platform 9 3/4 in no time.

"Now we run through the wall," I explained to my parents. "It doesn't hurt, don't worry." My parents' eyes widen and they nervously glanced at each other. "I'll show you-"

"Isla!" Hermione ran towards me and embraced me in a hug. "I've missed you so much! Don't ever leave me to be alone with the Weasleys. Me and Ginny were tortured." She shivered at the thought of it again.

"I heard! Hermione, these are my parents. Mom, dad, this is Hermione. She goes to Hogwarts as well and is my best friend there."

"Nice to meet you," my mother smiled. Ron, Harry, and the rest of the Weasleys approached us.

Molly and my mother talked and Arthur demanded my father to tell him what the function of a rubber duck was.

"Can I meet your parents, Isla?" Harry asked timidly.

"Right!" I had told my parents I had started dating someone over letters, but they had never met him. "Mom, dad, this is Harry Potter, my um- boyfriend."

My mom looked surprised then shook Harry's hand. "Nice to finally meet you."

"Hope you are taking good care of her," my dad smiled.

"We have to get on the train!" I exclaimed. "Thank you for the best summer holiday. I'll miss you, don't forget to write!" I kissed my parents goodbye.

"He is a cute one," My mom whispered to me, referencing Harry.

"Mom!" I blushed. "I'll see you soon!" The children all ran through the wall and got onto the train.

"This is going to be a great year," Hermione said once we were settled in a compartment and the train was moving. "I just know it."

But how can it be a great year, when you aren't here with me?