Suicide Investigation

Fifth hour finally came to an end. Stiles was ready to take a nap during his free period. He put his stuff in his locker and turned to see his dad standing outside the principal's office. He was talking to the principal and one of the teachers.

Stiles turned and headed for his sixth hour. He passed Lydia and Kira at their lockers. He could over hear Lydia say she had a bad feeling. Was that why his dad was here? He began to worry and almost ran into Scott.

"Whoa, man. Watch it," Scott said grumpily as he walked past.

Stiles muttered an apology. He kept heading for his next hour and found Asher in the room.

"Hey," Asher greeted when Stiles sat down next to him.

"Hey."

"So, can we skip out here for this hour or not? I've been asking the teacher but he keeps saying that I need to stay and do work. As if I have work."

"Naw, you don't have to stick around," Stiles wasn't really trying to converse. He was worrying about what had happened.

"Hey," Asher sat up straighter, "uh, can I have your number?"

"Sure..." Stiles wasn't about to tell him that he hardly used his phone but he wrote down his number for him anyways.

"Stiles," a guy's voice came from the doorway.

He turned and saw it was Deputy Parrish.

"Come with me please, and uh... Bring your stuff."

He looked at Asher before getting up and shrugged. "See you later, I guess."

He followed Parrish to the principal's office.

"Um, what happened?" He asked as Parrish motioned for him to take a seat.

"There was a suicide. A teacher here at school. Uh, they just found the body and the school's going to close for the day after we get through with asking the kids and staff questions."

"Oh, so, it's my turn to be asked questions?"

Parrish shrugged, "yeah. Just as soon as the sheriff gets here."

Just as he said that, the door opened and Stiles's dad came in.

"Stick around Parrish, I'll need you later," he said as he entered the room.

"Yes, sir," Deputy Parrish walked out the door.

"Stiles, there's been a suicide. Miss Howster. A student found her body earlier in the weight room. Did you have any of her classes?"

"Uh, no. I've only seen her a few times. I've never spoken to her."

"So, you wouldn't be able to tell me if you've noticed any odd behavior?"

"No. Dad, if this was a suicide, then why are you investigating?"

The sheriff sighed, "because the note didn't match up. I compared it to several letters we found on her desk and the handwriting didn't match too well. It could just be because of the mental state she must've been in when she wrote it... I don't know."

"You think it was murder?"

"I'm not saying that it's murder, I'm just saying that I'm not leaving out the possibility of it being murder."

Stiles nodded and waited for his dad to ask him something else. A few moments passed and nothing was said.

"If it helps, I overheard Lydia say she had a bad feeling? I mean, she only gets those when someone is about to be killed right?"

"Maybe." His dad stood up, "alright kid, I'm having Deputy Parrish drive you home." He nodded towards the door and Stiles left.