The Big Night

"Stiles, come here for a moment."

Stiles bit his lip. He closed his computer and hid it under his bed. Asher had sent him a website link and it was awkward at first but he was glad his friend sent it. Now his dreams of Jordan will be even better.

He got up, straightened his pants and went downstairs.

"How do I look?" His father was standing in the bathroom looking in the mirror.

He was wearing a suit with a tie. Stiles smiled, it's been awhile since his dad has dressed so nicely.

"You look great! What's the occasion?"

His dad gave him a nervous smile and held a box out to his son. The box was black and it was small. A ring box.

Stiles's smile faded and he handed the box back without even looking inside it.

"Stiles.." His dad sighed. "Whether you like it or not, I'm going to ask her tonight. Tomorrow, our lives will be changed."

"She could say no." Stiles said bitterly.

"Unlikely. We've talked about moving in together already."

"What about me? And Lydia?"

"You'd move with us."

Stiles went to go back upstairs. There were a bunch of guys waiting for him to give his attention to. He didn't need to think about this.

"Stiles, please. I want you to be happy."

He thought about telling his dad about his crush on Jordan. Being with Jordan would make him happy. He didn't though. His dad didn't even know that his son was gay.

"Just uh, drive safe tonight." Stiles went upstairs and got his laptop out again.

He didn't open it. Not until he heard his dad's car pull out of the driveway.

A/N
Short chapter. I might get another one written and updated today as well.