Something Serious

"Stiles, come here for a second," his dad called from downstairs.

He sighed and left his math book open on his desk. "What?" He asked as he entered the living room.

"Sit down. We need to talk."

"Dad, I said I was sorry for the thing the other day. I mean, everyone pranks coach on hell night!"

"No, not about that. I want to tell you something."

Stiles became suspicious as he slowly sat down. He couldn't think of anything that his dad would want to tell him.

"I know I've been busy at the station and it's been awhile since we talked as a family."

"Dad, it's just the two of us. Do we honestly qualify as a family?"

"Don't interupt. I wanted to tell you that I've been seeing someone and it's a serious relationship-"

"Seeing someone?" Stiles stood up. "When do you have time to 'see' anyone? You're never home because of work! Unless you're spending all of your time going to work and being with them instead of me!"

"Stiles! Settle down. I've been seeing her for awhile - a little less lately because of work and spending time with you."

"Who is it?"

He took a breath. "Natalie Martin."

"Lydia's mom?"

"Yes."

Stiles crossed his arms and stood up. "Can I go, now? I've got homework to do."

"Stiles," his dad stood as well.

Stiles shook his head and started walking away.

"Stiles, I want to ask her to marry me."

Stiles stopped in his tracks. Marry? Marriage? He turned and glared at his father. "What about mom?"

"I still love her, but she'd want me to move on." He said quietly.

"Why haven't you told me you were dating before?"

"I didn't know how to bring it up."

Stiles shook his head and ran upstairs before he started crying in front of his dad.

He wasn't supposed to marry again! And he wasn't supposed to go out with Stiles's classmate's mom! He cried into his pillow and wished to be anywhere but here.

A/N
Short chapter. I'm sorry.
Hey! Look who actually got on wattpad again! I'm sorry for being away for so long, I just didn't really have motivation to write. Sorry, I'll try to make this story better and update more. Don't forget to comment and vote!