Chapter 32: Out Of Control

Start from the beginning

"Mr. Luthor," the agent began, hoping to get through this quickly, "I want to resign from the D.E.O. effective immediately."

"And why is that?"

Alex straightened her back, and Lex watched her every move, as if he could hear her heartbeat, as if he could sense what she was about to say.

"The Department of Extranormal Operations was the ideal job for me when I began my career, but now the environment has gotten more hostile nowadays, and I do not feel comfortable here anymore."

Lex gave her a feline grin. "Director Danvers, now that the D.E.O. is under our name, Luthorcorp intends to provide each worker with the environment that suits them the most. And that also includes you."

"With all due respect, Mr. Luthor, I am well aware of Luthorcorp's new ownership of my workplace, but I would have to decline. I have other options to consider and I insist that you let me leave. Finding somewhere that suits me best is my main goal."

Just don't say that it's him.

"Is there no way to change your mind, Director Danvers?"

"I'm afraid not."

Lex cocked his head to the side and placed down the file. "Then I guess we will have to do it the Luthor way."

Alex sensed the attack only seconds before it happened.

~~~~~~~~

"I don't get it. Neither of them are responding."

Nia looked at her friend and boss.

She hadn't seen Kara this distraught since . . .

She'd never seen Kara this distraught.

She placed a hand on Kara's shoulder. "Maybe they're busy?"

"It's just so unlike them . . . they never ignore me."

"Would you like me to . . . you know . . . ?"

Kara suppressed a shudder. "Go ahead, I guess."

She closed her eyes, focusing.

~~~~~~~~

Alex was unconscious as two figures wearing black leather uniforms stripped her of her weapons.

When they had finished, they hauled her into a cell, where she lay.

As she stirred, Alex looked around her - a familiar setting. Only this time, she was on the other side of the glass.

"Looks like they got you too."

Alex looked up, and on the other side of the pane, she saw Lena. "Your brother?"

Lena nodded.

They weren't going to be able to get out easily.

Alex looked upon the rows of arrested agents. They had worked with her, for her, for years. Some faces were missing - which meant that they had chosen to assist Luthor to evade capture - and Alex sighed, defeated.

"We've got to find a way out of here."

"This glass is made so that not even someone like Supergirl can escape."

Lena knew more than that, apparently, as she blinked.

Alex caught on; a secret language.

Lena was trying to use Morse code in blinks - a way that could easily get past the guards, and cameras, unnoticed.

~~~~~~~~

Nia gasped as every muscle in her body went taut.

"Nia?"

"They've got her - Lena and Alex and several other agents locked in the cells of the D.E.O.."

Kara stumbled back, almost tripping on something. "No."

She looked at Nia. "We've gotta help them!"

"Kara! You're still weak. Your powers aren't back yet!"

Kara looked at the clock. Six more hours till the day was over. Then she could help them.

A knock sounded at her door, and Kara moved to open the door. Nia recognised the person who stood at the door and hid.

"Mr. Luthor! What brings you here?"

"You did, Ms. Danvers . . . or should I say . . . Supergirl?"

~~~~~~~~

A/N: Sorry I haven't really been posting. I have been really exhausted these past few days and I was also extremely unmotivated. This is a very long battle and I'm hoping it leads to a grand finale! Really hope that you have been following and enjoying the story! It means so much to me, especially if you have been with me throughout!