Chapter 25: Argo City

Kara didn't know if she was excited or scared.

How much would have changed since she had left.

She wasn't sure how to respond to the changes.

She grabbed her luggage and brought them to the D.E.O., ensuring that no one saw her fly across the city.

"You sure you aren't coming, Alex?"

"I have to stay here to protect Earth, but I hope to be able to visit Krypton one day."

"Yeah, maybe one day." She gave her sister a hug. "Seeya, sis."

And with that, they climbed aboard the ship that lay in the D.E.O., flying off into the sunset.

~~~~~~~~

As the trio disembarked from the ship, they looked around.

Kara couldn't help but notice the sights that she hadn't seen in years. She hadn't set foot on Krypton since she'd left.

She looked up. There was some form of a barrier that prevented them from entering the zone that clearly had many houses.

It was so different from the Krypton back then.

Suddenly, a child looked their way and saw them with the ship behind them.

He screamed, pointing in their direction.

Guards began to pour out of the house closest to them, and Kara stood before the boys, reaching out both arms to prevent them from entering.

"We have no powers here, okay? Just . . . stay calm. I'll do the talking."

The woman that walked out had the Kryptonian at a loss for words.

"Who are you, intruder? Are you here to attack us?"

The woman looked so, very familiar. She reminded Kara of . . . her Mother.

Kara held back a sob, hands rising to her mouth. Taking a deep breath, she regained her composure.

"I-I'm Kara Zor-El. I'm from Krypton, but my Mother had sent me to Earth to protect me when Krypton exploded. This is Mon-El of Daxam and Halk Kar of Thoron."

By the time Kara had finished speaking, the woman had gone pale. "K-Kara?"

Her gut was right.

"Yes, Mother?"

The force field dissipated, and Alura rushed in for a hug despite the protests of the guards.

"I thought you were gone!"

"Come, we have lots to talk about."

"Oh, by the way, that's our ship. We don't want it damaged." Kara grinned. "It belongs to a friend."

Alura smiled. "Of course." A pointed look at the guards sent them running to 'tow the ship', as Kara heard.

~~~~~~~~

As they walked into the tent, a familiar voice called out from within one of the rooms. "Alura? What happened?"

Kara's Mother just answered in a cool and calm voice, "I think you should come and see for yourself."

A figure clad in a dark silk-and-satin dress walked out. Upon seeing the guests, her eyebrows raised slightly. "We have guests?"

Mon-El recognised who it was instantly. "Mother?"

"Don't tell me - Mon-El?"

He rushed forward to embrace his Mother. "You've grown up. I didn't even get to see you."