Chapter 33: Complications

Alex sighed as she sat there.

Her phone was gone. As were her weapons.

But her gloves weren't.

If there was anything to know about Alex Danvers, it was that she could use anything as a weapon. But she had to get out first.

~~~~~~~~

"W-what do you mean, Mr. Luthor?"

"No need to play dumb, Kara Danvers. You're just like your sister. I know you are Supergirl. It was blatantly obvious. But the question is, Miss Danvers, does my sister know?" 

She backed away as Lex advanced. She just hoped Nia was safe. "I-I don't know what you're talking about."

"So that's a 'no' . . . I wonder what would happen if I told her for you?"

Lena can act. She knows already.

"I-I'm not Supergirl." Kara stumbled and tried to steady herself, flinging out an arm to brace the impact. Scraping on the rough surface of the floor, Kara winced as she pulled her arm up. The pain shot through her as she moved her palm, but she stayed on the floor.

She pulled her hand up, flinching at the blood. Lex's eyes widened. "I wonder what happened."

Then, someone twisted his arm behind his back as he reached for her. Mon-El was here. "I suggest you leave. This lady doesn't want you here."

As Lex turned to leave, hand throbbing, he flashed the reporter a grin, "I hope your secret is safe, Supergirl."

"Are you okay?"

Kara nodded and her eyes drifted to where Nia had moved. "Nia? You can come out now."

"That was Lex Luthor . . . why was he here?" Nia's breath came fast and short.

"He . . . knew you were Supergirl. Did you tell him?" Mon-El shot Kara a look.

Kara gulped and shook her head. "No."

"She didn't. She was genuinely shocked."

Mon-El gave Nia a sidelong glance. "Nia Nal, am I right?"

She nodded, "And you're Mon-El, Kara's boyfr-."

Her friend nudged her, and her mouth shut instantly. She changed the topic. "I-I'm also Dreamer. We've not worked together before. Not to fight crime and . . . "

"Okay. Can someone tell me why Lex Luthor was here? What was he doing to Kara?"

Nia looked up from bandaging Kara's hand. "What happened, Kara? Why is your hand bleeding?"

"Red Tornado."

"Mon-El, please let me explain." Kara gestured for Nia to take a seat. "I had to use my laser vision to stop Red Tornado, an Android built to take down Kryptonians . . . then I overused my laser vision. Basically, I burned out. Now, I need to wait a day or two for my body to absorb the light from the yellow sun to regain my powers."

Mon-El couldn't bear to see Kara like this. He picked her up and darted across the room with ease. He set her down on the bed.

"I cannot lie in bed while Alex and Lena sit in a jail cell."

"They're smart. They can defend themselves, even without powers. But you, Kara, are not able to. You have human emotions, but you're not used to being a human. I've contacted Brainy. He says he'll be able to help us."

Nia spoke up. "Sorry to interrupt, but there are so many people involved in this right now that it's hard to see what exactly they're planning. I've tried."

"We know the Luthors and Maxwell Lord are involved, but who else could be included?"

She closed her eyes, forehead wrinkling, "I-I can't see that far . . . "

That was unusual. Even for Nia.

~~~~~~~~

Alex sent blinked at Lena. Any ideas?

No.

She sighed. That response was expected.

She had never been on this side of the door, and she had to figure out how to leave. Either she agreed and help them or disagree and stay here for as long as Lex wanted her to stay.

Her sister had to be worried.

The door clicked. "Sister . . . I found some information that you may find . . . helpful."

Alex dared a glance at her friend, who rolled her fingers, a message they devised when other agents, or even Lex, was around, Play along.

"Whatever you have to say, I'm not interested."

"What if I say it concerns your best friend, Kara Danvers?"

Alex's gaze shot up at the mention of her sister. The one person who could be used against her. Lena frowned at him. "Tell me and get the hell out."

Lex clicked his tongue, as if wanting to savour the moment. "Well, it would definitely benefit you to know that Kara Danvers, oh that innocent, sweet, little Kara Danvers, is actually Supergirl."

A horrified look crossed her eyes as her eyes landed on Alex. Lex followed her gaze. "Ah, Kara's older sister, Director Alex Danvers - she forgot to mention that little titbit to you, eh?"

"H-how could you?" Tears were already forming in her eyes. Alex would have bought the act . . . if Kara hadn't told her about revealing her identity to Lena.

"Kara wanted to keep you safe by not telling you!" Alex yelled, surprising even herself.

"You guys were my best friends! Telling me is what you should have done!" Lena retorted.

Lex had stepped back to let the drama unfold, smirking as he did so.

"Let's go, Lex."

Alex was momentarily stunned. She knew Lena could act, but she never thought that -

Lex motioned the guards to unlock the cell, freeing his sister. Wanting to go all out, Alex slammed herself on the glass door of her cell. "You traitor!"

Lena gave her a nonchalant look, "You asked for it."

"Kara trusted you! I - we trusted you!"

"And I trusted you."

~~~~~~~~

Kara was alright.

She could feel the powers of the yellow sun seeping into her skin.

She was once more, Supergirl.

With J'onn, Mon-El, Halk Kar, Kal-El, Sam, Nia and M'gann, who had returned from Mars, they made their way to the D.E.O., ready for a fight.

She couldn't let Alex down, or Lena, for that matter.

~~~~~~~~

"Is Leviathan ready?"

"It is."

"Good."

~~~~~~~~

A/N: Oh, the chaos. I love it, yet I hate it . . . hope you enjoyed! These chapters are really fun to write and I am enjoying every second of it! The next chapter may end up delayed as I might start school next week, so I'm trying to write whatever I can as soon as I can.