Chapter 17: It's a Date!

"Wh - wha . . . ?"

"Don't pretend you don't know. I know that you've been lying to me about your name. Brainy traced you when I told him about you and we found that your real name is Kara Danvers. Not Linda Lee Danvers, but Kara Danvers."

"I-I can explain . . . "

"You don't have to." Mike said. "It's clear. You are a reporter. You want to hide your identity from me, an alien you don't trust, and you're allowed here either because you're an alien, or Director Danvers allowed her reporter sister to come and go freely."

"Y-yeah . . . " Kara breathed a sigh. If only he knew it was both, and that Brainy had no information that she was Supergirl.

"So . . . ?"

"I'm sorry I lied. I won't do it anymore from now on."

"Good."

Kara looked at hum, eyes downcast. "So, shall we meet up with the others?"

She nodded.

As they rejoined the Superfriends, they were pleasantly surprised that Brainy was talking with Nia, and they looked like they were having fun. Nia cracked jokes, while Brainy, although he seemed to be struggling to understand, laughed along with the human-alien girl.

"They seem close."

"Yep."

"Hey, guys." Kara sat down, giving her sister a quick squeeze.

~~~~~~~~

The Superfriends got up to leave, Kara included, she waved goodbye to Mike, before he stopped her.

"Hey, Kara?" He seemed to stumble on her name. He didn't seem to be used to it yet. Kara turned, "Yes, Mike?"

"Would you . . . like to meet somewhere during the weekend?"

Kara blushed slightly, luckily it wasn't obvious in the dimness of the bar. "S-sure. Where would you like to meet?"

Mike gave her a smile, "How about the coffee shop down the street? Would that be okay for you?"

"That would be great. See you!"

"Great! It's a date!"

~~~~~~~~

[A/N: I know this chapter was short, but I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless. I had no idea what to write, so that's why it's so short. The next few chapters will be on Kara and Mon-El hanging out. I hope you are looking forward to them! There will be more Karamel action in the coming chapters!]