Chapter 19: Supergirl & Valor

"Now I'll never sleep."

It was the Dominators. Back for the 'billionth' time. They had become smarter, and Supergirl would have to learn their new fighting style all over again.

She stayed hovered in the air for a while, as she observed the Dominators attack.

[A/N: Yes, I know, Dominators, again, but it's for Valor to learn about them more. We had a brief scene with Dominators earlier on in the story, but majority of this story is focused on them battling the Dominators and at the same time, learning about each other.]

Valor, on the other hand, didn't hesitate.

They knew his fighting style, as well as Supergirl's, so she had to think smarter. What would a Dominator do?

As Valor steadied himself after a huge blast backward, and was readying for another attack, Supergirl placed a hand on his muscled arm, stopping him.

"We need to think this through. No blind attacks. They know how we fight at the moment."

"So, we figure it out as we go."

"No blind attacks, Mon-El." Valor stopped as he heard her call his real name.

"Sorry, Kara."

Supergirl flew there, and observed them. The Dominators seemed to be scaling one of the highest buildings in National City. What was their goal now?

Just then, she heard a screaming. No, several screams. Civilians. She looked to Valor, "Watch the Dominators, I'll get them to safety."

He gave a nod, and Supergirl flew off, using her alien strength to pick a few children up, dropping them where she knew their parents could find them. Then, after clearing the area, she flew back up to the Daxamite.

"Spot any patterns yet?"

He shook his head. "They seem to be all over, some even changing their styles."

"Then we change ours. Follow my lead."

Supergirl gestured for him to scout the building, to which Valor reported them having their ship nearby, poised for any incoming attacks.

"They seem to have Kryptonite, and lead."

Their two weaknesses.

Supergirl wondered if they had more.

The D.E.O. truck had pulled up near the site, and Supergirl rushed to inform her sister of the situation.

Supergirl sighed, "Man, these guys are so last year."

"Supergirl! We've activated the force field around them!" she heard Alex, her hearing picking up the frequencies.

"Good. That should contain them."

"That's the thing . . . we've cleared the civilians out of the way, but . . . you and Valor are stuck inside."

"WHAT?"

"Yeah. You think you can try to take them on?"

"We can try. Take down the force field when you see the a beam of blue light at the top of this mess."

She scanned with her X-ray vision.

"Valor! There's an opening over there!" she jerked with her chin. Indeed, there was a large gap between several of the aliens who were scaling the building. He nodded.

"One of us will distract them. Fight them off horde after horde. The other will get into the building and activate a device. That will scare them away."

"I'll fight."

"No, Mon-El. I think it's better if you go in."

"But-"

"No. Please just listen to me."

"Fine," Valor said, as he flew off. Supergirl used her freeze breath to blow them, which drew their attention to her.

Many of them lunged toward the Girl of Steel. She dodged, using her strength to punch them and knock them unconscious.

After clearing one wave of Dominators, she spoke said, knowing full well that Valor's super-hearing would allow him to hear her, "You in, Mon-El?"

She heard a voice on the other end, "Yeah. Now what should I do?"

"Key in the numbers 6-0-2-3-5!"

"Done."

"Now, click the first option, 'Engage'."

She heard a whizzing sound. A bright blue beam of light shot from above the tower. The force field disappeared, but the Dominators ran for their ship, leaving in it.

"Phew. That's one species of alien I would never keep, even in the D.E.O.," Alex muttered, but Kara heard it. She laughed.

As she and Valor met up, Supergirl gave him a smile. "We did it!"

He looked at her, hopeful, "So, what did you want to tell me?"

"Maybe we should go to somewhere more private . . . "

Supergirl gave a nod.

"I want to ask you a question."

"I need to tell you something first."

"Okay, what is it?" Valor gave a nod.

"I'm Kara Danvers!"

~~~~~~~~

[A/N: Here is the moment you've all been waiting for! By the way, I know this isn't really 'hanging out', but I didn't know what to make Supergirl and Valor do while hanging out . . . so yeah . . . Hope you enjoyed anyway!]