20

third person.

the pair walked in the Herron's house, along with their luggage, hand in hand. Zach closed the door behind them, putting down the luggage and slipping off his shoes.

"mom, dad!" Zach shouted. "we're home!"

Reese then suddenly came running through. Zach and Reese shared a hug, then Reese hugged Esme too. Zach's parents, along with Ryan, greeted the couple.

after the warm welcome, Zach and Esme made it to Zach's room, Zach putting thei luggage in and Esme lying on his bed in exhaustion.

"look at you" Zach smirked, standing at the end of his bed. "layed out infront of me"

"shut up" Esme giggled, sitting up on her elbows. "don't look at me like that"

Zach pulled Esme down the bed closer to him, placing his hands on her thighs. he placed his hand on her cheek, holding her bottom lip under his thumb.

"you're very manipulative" Esme whispered, looking into his eyes.

"isn't that a good thing?" Zach asked in a soft tone, Esme shook her head. "i know you love it"

"shut up" Esme giggled, kissing Zach, leading him to push her down and climb on top of her.

for the rest of the evening, Zach and Esme joined his family with watching a movie and takeout. the movie ended at around 11pm. everyone headed to bed, including the couple who were severally jet lagged.

the next morning, Esme woke up to an empty bed. she sat up, checking the time, to see 9:21am. she took Zach's sweater off the chair, putting it on over her tank top and comfy shorts that she calls pyjamas.

she headed downstairs to see Reese, Zach and Myta in the kitchen. Reese and Zach were sitting on the bar stools, watching Myta make the pancakes.

Esme snuck up behind Zach's chair, putting her hands over his eyes when he reached him.

"Reese" Zach called, making her look at him. "i'm blinded"

Reese laughed at Zach's dumb joke, along with Esme who adored him. she pulled her hand away from his eyes, kissing his cheek and leaning against the counter.

"smells good, Myta" Esme complimented.

"thank you, Esme" Myta replied.

"can i help with anything?" Esme asked.

"we already offered help" Zach began.

"she doesn't like help" Reese laughed, making Zach smile.

"i do like help, but not from you two" Myta explained. "you two make a mess!"

"whereas Esme doesn't make a mess" Myta added.

"Emmy, do i make a mess at home?" Zach asked his girlfriend who stood, loving every part of this family.

"yes" Esme answered. "you do"

"see!" Myta spoke. "Esme agrees"