2

third person.
day 4.

"hey" Sloan greeted, walking over to Zach who was sitting on his bed in silence. "you okay?"

not a word came from Zach. he shook his head, not making eye contact with the girl. Sloan sat down next to him, placing her hand on his shoulder, rubbing it gently.

"i'm here for you" Sloan assured, quietly. Zach looked at her, revealing his red- tear stained eyes and stuffy nose.

"i just really miss her" Zach admitted, sniffing and shaking his head. "and i don't know what to do"

"them three want to look for her, and you guys don't" Zach began, standing up and pacing around the room. "i don't know what Emmy wants in the future!"

"we never talked about the future" Zach said, rubbing his eyes. "we were never serious because we didn't need to be"

Zach sat down on the bed again, putting his head in his hands. "just because you don't know what she wants in the future doesn't mean you didn't know her" Sloan empathised.

"i've known her since high school and i don't even know what she wants in the future" Sloan added. "she loves you, Zach"

"she wouldn't leave us for no reason" Sloan sighed, resting her head on Zach's shoulder. "you've always got me to talk to"

IMESSAGE.

esme🌻
3:21pm.

hey e, i know you won't see this but i want
you to know that we miss you already and
that i'm trying my best to keep everyone sane
but it's not working. i don't know how you did
it esme. payton's mad, jonahs angry and daniel
being a prick. it's been four days and we're all
a mess. i'd ask you to help me, but i know you
won't answer my messages. so instead i'm saying
i miss you and i love you and i hope you're safe.

message sent!

third person.

Emerald Harrington had a life long dream. she had that same dream since she was seven years old. she never gave up on the dream because she believed she could do it.

Emerald's dream was to fall in love with the perfect guy and live in the perfect place. her perfect place was Honolulu, Hawaii. where she could learn to surf and watch the sunset every night. where she'd meet the friends she'd call her family.

although she already had her friends in LA, which she loved like family, she wanted to know for sure that what she wanted was them. she continued to tell herself it was, but how could this be proved?

Esme decided to test her theory and run away from what she knows best, deleting her profiles and ignoring her friends messages.

one things Esme knew, that she didn't question, was her love for Zach. Esme knew that she was utterly and inevitably in love with Zach Herron, even if she didn't want to admit it.

with every new memory she made with Zach, she fell more in love with him. however, Zach's life is in LA, and what Esme wants is in Honolulu.

truth is, Esme didn't know what she wanted in life. she pretended she had everything going her way, but she had no idea.

but there's one thing she did know;
all good things simply cannot last forever.

{🌻🎨🌊🍃🗺}
a/n
trouble in paradise