4

third person.
day 7.

Esme was sat on her bed, with her macbook open, watching Why Don't We's latest interview. it was the interview they did when they went away that weekend, the weekend before everything changed.

as she kept her eyes on the boy on the end right, her head filled with thoughts. she felt awful for leaving them without much explanation.

"so Zach, how's Esme" the interviewer asked, making the boys cheeks glow red.

"she's fine- she's good- we're really good" the boy answered, making Esme smile.

"he's one love with her" Daniel joked, dragging out the word 'love'. the girl wiped away a tear, keeping a smile on her face.

"hey hey hey" Elias spoke as he walked through the glass doors of Esme's room. "what are you doing?"

he sat down next to the girl, looking at the screen. "which ones lover boy" Elias asked, Esme pointed at Zach and smiled.

"did she come with you?" the interviewer asked.

"no, she stayed home" Zach answered, shaking his head. "she couldn't come"

"they're talking about you, right?" Elias assumed, Esme nodded. "why couldn't you go"

"i had made plans with our friends, so Zach said i should stay" Esme answered with a smile.

"his names 'Zach'?" Elias asked.

"mhm" Esme blushed, with a smile. "it's a cute name"

"my favourite feature of his is his hair and how he always tries to grow out his facial hair but i always complain about it when he kisses me because its spiky so he never kept it for more than like a week" Esme laughed, smiling unconditionally.

"but his personality is amazing. he makes me laugh and smile all the time. and i'd do anything to hear his laugh in person again" Esme expressed, remembering all the good times. "he calls me 'emmy', and not it sounds weird when he calls me Esme or Emerald"

"he sounds really great" Elias empathised.

"he is" Esme answered. the girl then realised she was rambling and shut the lid of her macbook down. she wiped her eyes and looked at Elias. "can you teach me to surf now?"

"yeah" he smiled. "of course"

IMESSAGE.

zach
9:31am.

i'm really missing you, emmy. i need
an emmy hug, or something. just one
message could do me good.
i love you emmy please let me know
you're safe
read; 9:48am.

third person.

"Sloan!" Zach shouted from the bedroom, practically running into the sitting room to her.

"hi, what. why's wrong?" Sloan asked as Zach plonked down besides her.

"she read my message" Zach blurted with the first smile he's had on his face since his girlfriend left. "this means she wants to come back- or she misses me or-"

"Zach" Sloan stopped him. "she read your message, yes but that only means she's safe"

Zach's smile dropped, Sloan saw this and put her hand on top of his. "but she does miss you. she misses you so much"

"i want to find her" Zach admitted. "and i don't know where to start, so i need you to help me"

"okay" Sloan smiled, rubbing his hand with her thumb. "i'll help you find her"

INSTAGRAM.

imzachherron, paytonwest, and 62,192 others liked this post

sloanisalone: may the search begin.

view all comments.

username: where's esme?

username: what's happening with esme

paytonwest: call me <3

username: why'd esme delete everything

username: is zach okay?

username: pls tell us what's going on

jackaverymusic: she doesn't want to

username: i'm so confused

username: wut

username: stop using the boys

username: finally esme's gone

imzachherron: thank u sloan

{🌻🎨🌊🍃🗺}
a/n
sooo how we feeling