Kuroyuri

Bury The Light (Male Faunus!Vergil!Reader x Pyrrha Nikos)

Part 25

After a while, Ruby and Yang carry the weakened Qrow on a makeshift stretcher. (Y/N) and Pyrrha are leading the way as Dante and Ren follow him while Nora brings up the rear. Qrow is groaning in pain and is a touch delirious.

Qrow:"Tai..she's not...coming..Tai."

He began coughing repeatedly.

Ozpin:"He's getting worse."

Ruby:"How much farther?"

(Y/N):"It seems that we are getting close."

Ren:"Yeah..I feel the same for some reason."

Ren then looks up to see a sign post ahead. He dashes to the signboard and reads it. From the right, it read Higanbana, Kuchinashi, and Mistral, where the land in mountainous. From the left, it read Kuroyuri, where the path that way remains low ground.

Nora:"Hey, hey! Mistral! We're on the right path! Oh..."

Dante:"Well, does it say how close?"

Ren:"No. And it looks like the path takes us up the mountains."

Yang and Ruby set Qrow down.

Yang:"Guys, I don't even know if all of us can climb."

Ruby looks at Qrow, concerned, before rushing forward to the sign post with her sister.

Dante:"Hey, what about that one? Kuro... Kuroyuri? Can we get help there?"

Ren:"That village was destroyed years ago."

(Y/N):"But if it takes us around the mountains, it's the best bet we've got."

Ren:"It will take too long."

Ruby:"The town would have had a doctor, right? Maybe we could scavenge for medicine!"

Yang:"Right!"

Ren:"We're not going to find anything! We just have to press on!"

It was a brief moment of silence before Pyrrha speaks up.

Pyrrha:"Ren, why are you acting-"

Nora:"We can split up."

(Y/N):"What?"

Nora:"Ren and I can cut through the mountains while all of you take Qrow around the village."

Pyrrha:" No, we're supposed to stick together! We keep each other safe!"

Nora:"We don't have time for safe! If we make it to Mistral, we'll bring back help! If we don't, at least we'll have a better view of the land! Up there, we can see if there's somewhere else we can go!"

Ren turns and looks at Nora. They exchange small, affectionate smiles.  Qrow coughs, making them all turn in concern and giving the motive to continue.

Ozpin:"She's right. We must split up."

(Y/N) and Pyrrha look at each other before looking at Nora and Ren.

Pyrrha:"Ok."

They stepped forward and hug each other.

(Y/N):"Just remember to take care of each other."