Tipping Point

Bury The Light (Male Faunus!Vergil!Reader x Pyrrha Nikos)

Part 23

It was a cloudy day, and the team are following a mossy stone tile path through the wilderness. While walking, Nora stretches her arms up wide.

Nora:"Another day, another adventure!"

Pyrrha:"What's on the agenda today, (Y/N)?"

(Y/N):"Walking."

Yang:"With a side of?"

Dante:"Walking."

Ruby sighed as she walks with them.

Ruby:"Haven is a lot farther away than I thought."

Ren:"Ruby? How long did you think this journey was going to take?"

Ruby:"I don't know! Yang and I grew up in a small area; We've never been this far away from home."

(Y/N):"For how long?"

Ruby:"Maybe like, uh... two weeks?"

(Y/N):"I see."

Ruby:"Uh no. Maybe three or something? Look, whatever."

Yang:"Don't worry about it, sis. I'm sure we can get to Haven as soon as we can."

Dante:"And you'll get the hang of this soon."

Ruby:"Hmm..okay."

Then, Ruby  looks up again after a beat and notices something ahead.

Ruby:"Hey, what's that?"

Nora jumps onto a slightly fallen post of a fence to get a closer look at a wall and building ahead. Dante then checks the map.

Dante:"That's... strange.  I didn't think we'd be hitting another village for a few days."

Nora:"Are those buildings... damaged?"

(Y/N):"We should search for survivors!"

The team then went running into  the village, with Nora leaping onto the wall and to a rooftop from there and the team discover the town to be empty.

Ruby lifts a fallen plank of wood to find only plant outgrowth underneath

Ruby lifts a fallen plank of wood to find only plant outgrowth underneath. (Y/N) and Pyrrha enters a house only to find nothing. Dante opens a door and looks around inside to find nothing as well.

Yang:"Find anything?"

Dante:"Nope."

(Y/N):"No sign of anyone."

Nora:"Nothing over here!"

Ren:"It almost seems like... the town was abandoned."

They kept looking around until Nora calls for them.