2.1 thankful

lil tw: old age death

real life

It's been a few days since my date with Corpse. What my grandmother called me about, was something I was ready to tell Corpse, but I wanted to handle the situation first.

Just going to Florida to be with my grandma during the tough time, was my top priority. She has raised me since I was ten years old, and I need to be here for her now like she was for me all those years ago.

I didn't have it in me to physically talk to Corpse and I know the immediate shut down of our daily calls has put him on edge, but I just couldn't talk to him. If I did, I would either shut down or break down completely.

It wasn't that I was uncomfortable with him, the topic is just such a sensitive one, that it didn't feel right to talk to him without explaining why I suddenly left and went MIA in Florida.

I was sitting in my Grandmother's backyard, with her dog, Johnny. It was a beautiful day outside, and the calmness of the outdoors did great for my nerves as we awaited the news about my father.

Just thinking about him brought chills down my spine and an unsettling feeling in my stomach.

I was sitting there with Johnny when my Nana and Pam came outside.

"Hello pumpkin," Pam said sitting down on the seat across from me.

"Hi! Any news?" I asked the pair, keeping my eyes on the pug, awaiting the life-changing answer.

"None yet, sweetheart, none yet," Nana said, sitting right next to me, stroking Johnny's back.

"I don't know why they can't make a decision already," I replied, looking up to my Nana, who just focused on the dog.

"I know sweetheart, but we must wait. Patience is a virtue." Nana simply said, looking at me with sorrow in her eyes.

"On to lighter matters, how are you and that dead fella?" Pam asked trying to change the dark topic to a lighter one.

Her comment actually made me chuckle, which made them both laugh.

This is what I like about Pam, she always knew how to bring happiness back in any room with respect. She was perfect for Nana, and I always loved the two together.

When my grandfather passed when I was around thirteen, Nana and I were deeply upset, Nana more than me. She started to attend a widow's program at the local senior center, even though she was only 59 years old at the time.

Pam and Nana became instant friends, as Pam ran the program, being a widow herself at the same age. They spent more time together and after three years of my grandfather's passing, Nana fell in love again. My grandfather would have wanted her to be happy, and she was happy with Pam. I was so proud of her for allowing herself to be happy, and now they are happily together as partners.

"He goes by Corpse, and he is great! We went on a virtual date the other day and it was perfect."

"That's great to hear. Has he still haven't shown you his face yet?" Pam replied, a smile forming on her face.

"Not yet, but he tells me he wants to, but I just don't want to force him because I understand how he has his own anxieties and what not. I like him for his personality, his looks won't change that," I replied, a smile beginning to form on my face as I spoke more about Corpse.

"You love him don't you?" Nana asked, and I whipped my head to face her, confusion on my face.

"What?"