1.4 cherry

listen to cherry by harry styles <3

Corpse's POV

youtube

I shouldn't be pissed. I shouldn't freak out. Cherry's an influencer, she has many fans. I shouldn't be jealous of what people tell her, because I'm the one who she talks to when she's alone. 

"Alright, let's start!" Rae said starting the game. I was the imposter along with Jack.

"Oh, no. I'm not ready for this right now." I told my stream, as I walked along the Polus map following the crowd. 

I went towards admin and was waiting in specimen when Jack called the lights. Dream came down from the top so I killed him and went out towards admin. I made my way to lights, where everyone was. I followed Rae into weapons and "shot" asteroids with her. 

I couldn't get my mind off the text I received early in the day. 

❀❀❀

~ 12:37 pm, same day ~

real life

I sat down at my kitchen table after spending the morning in bed. My mind was on one thing and one thing only. Cherry Blossom

I messed up. I know I did. Not talking to her for days, literally killed me. My fingers constantly typing out messages just to quickly erase them. I couldn't bring myself to hit send. Thoughts flickered back to her time in Milan, and I couldn't help but feel angry with myself over my own thoughts. 

She was at her best, partaking in an amazing opportunity, and I was alone, feeling selfish for being unable to overcome my little fear of self-doubt. 

I took my meds and made myself a little something to eat. After Jack and I's convo, I really sat down and tried to sort out my feelings. I did have a small crush on Cherry. I was just too scared to be rejected, especially if she didn't reciprocate the feeling.

I can't deny that I don't have feelings for her. She is honestly a joy to everyone she meets, always brightening up any part of your day. She makes me feel happy, which was a strange feeling for me. We are so alike but yet so different, and I love that about her. She gets me and understands my anxiety to not push anything and I'm so grateful for that. 

I wanted to try to break out of my shell for her. I wanted to try to be the man she wanted, little steps at a time of course. I wanted to try for her, and I wasn't going to just give up. How was I going to do this? That was the unanswered question. Causing me to be in the same loop as weeks before.

Finishing my business in the kitchen, I went to go sit down in my living room, not wanting to go set up my gaming stream yet since I had hours. I was scrolling through Twitter before receiving a text from an unknown number. 

❀❀❀

text message
from unknown

Hey Corpse
Listen, its Nick
Cherry's roommate

I took her phone and got your number when she was sleeping
Can we talk for a second?