0.8 livestream

real life

Emma, Nick, and I were sitting on the beach, eating grapes and listening to low music. About half an hour after I got off the phone with Corpse, they knocked on the door and told me to get ready to go out. They wanted to spend time with the three of us before I went away for the week for modeling.

We sat there in the cool breeze, talking about random things. It was nice to get my mind off the things I was overthinking before. I needed to give myself space from Corpse just in case something bad were to happen. Which I had a feeling it would have.

"Hello, earth to Cherry?" Nick said, waving his hand in front of my face.

"Sorry I zoned out," I said, looking down at my hands.

"Cherry, what's wrong?" Emma spoke.

"Nothing," I replied back, eating another grape, hoping they would drop the conversation.

"It's nothing, but I have a feeling it has to do with a certain deep-voiced man, so what happened," Nick spoke, which caused me to smile at him.

"Nothing really happened, I guess," I said, while Emma just gave me a really look.

"You said you were gonna take it slow and see where things go, so where did things go bubs?" Nick asked.

I finally raised my head to look at the two of them, my best friends.

"I've been talking to him a lot. Like over the phone, texting. And things were going great..."

"Until..." Emma finished for me, as I trailed off my sentence.

"Cherry, I swear if this man did anything..."

"No! It wasn't him who did anything... It's just..." I cut him off quickly, trailing off again. Why was it so hard to tell them about our conversation earlier.

"Earlier we were on the phone while I was packing, and Rae called him on his computer, so he answered with me still on the phone..."

"He didn't hang up or mute himself?" Nick asked, to which I nodded my head no.

"She was asking him about where he's been, cause he hasn't played with them and whatever. It sounded like she was flirting with him, and then I started to overthink and I-"

"You got jealous and decided to put your friendship with Rae first, so you ended the call?" Emma finished for me, while I nodded my head yes.

"Oh my, Cherry, I swear you're niceness will be the death of you and me!" Nick said throwing his hands up, laughing. Emma joined in and soon did I.

"Babe, you are completely overthinking a situation and missing the key details over what really was going on," Emma said, once the laughter died down.

"You do realize, he is more into you than Rae right. He didn't hang up on YOU, he didn't mute himself to hide the conversation from YOU, he ended the call with her and went back to YOU. Do you see the common theme?" Nick spoke.

"If Rae likes him, then that's her business. Yea, you only met him because of her, and you are friends with her. But you are assuming she likes him, which could be incorrect because you don't talk to her like that. So you aren't going to back away from someone who you like, over a what if," Emma spoke, to which I slowly responded my head too.

"Exactly, if you like him or are starting to feel more for him, then go for it. He obviously already chose you over her," Nick said.

"Yeah, you're both right. I just have a sick feeling that nothing is gonna come from it and I don't want to get my hopes up." I responded back.