0.4 gaming & #onlystrands

Corpse's POV

youtube

I sat down in my chair after getting my eyepatch on. I started recording my screen for a youtube video because I was too nervous to stream. Especially if a certain redhead actually joined the game.

It wasn't that I was nervous or anything for her to join... I'm just a nervous person, my anxiety is a killer and affects me in so many ways.

Cherry was calming in a nice way. She didn't overreact to my voice or sexualize it in any way, she simply understood it was just my voice. Something, I couldn't change. It was nice to be treated like this. Relieving. Still, my anxiety was always at an all-time high when I played video games.

Plus it didn't help that she and Rae were friends. When Rae texted me earlier, I freaked out. I didn't want anyone to assume things, especially when it had to do with feelings. I didn't feel anything towards Cherry, I just liked how she made me feel when we first met. Nothing more than just friends.

I joined the discord chat and was greeted by a bunch of hellos, from Rae, Felix, Jack (Sean), Toast, Sykkuno, Charlie, Lily, and Poki.

"Okay, so if Cherry can't join, Dave said he'll play but he doesn't mind not playing so we're gonna wait a few minutes and then well get Dave," Rae said. My hands started shaking, and I wasn't completely sure why. Could the mere mention of her name drive me mad?

"I'm going to call Cherry and persuade her to join us," Felix spoke, placing his phone on speaker for us all to hear.

I quickly muted my mic, afraid of where the conversation would go. I didn't want her or Rae to say something about how I've been privately messaging her. I didn't want people to assume things and start rumors, and make things uncomfortable for both of us.

"Cherry girl! What are you doing?" Felix spoke into the phone. Everyone was letting out silent giggles. I don't know how any of them could find this funny.

"Hi! I just finished eating and relaxing. Is it time to play?" She spoke so quietly and calmly. The way she spoke so sure and certain of herself was just calming to hear.

"Yea, are you down to be our 10th? Skyunno is here!" Felix responded, to which Cherry just let out a sweet little laugh.

"As much as I want to hear Skyunno's cute innocent voice, I don't know."

"Corpse is here as well!" Rae shouted.

"Rae said Corpse is here as well, and your favorite gamer, me, is here wanting you to play with me," Felix spoke. I sucked in a breath when my name was mentioned. I don't want to hear her saying no, just because I'm playing. I don't think I can handle that rejection.

"I'll play a few rounds cause I'm tired so don't expect me on for hours," Cherry spoke, ending her call with Felix. We waited a few more minutes talking about random things.

"Alright, so who do we think sold her on playing. Was it Felix or Corpse?" Toast spoke.

"I'm saying Corpse because of his voice," Charlie spoke. I still had yet to unmute myself, due to the shakiness in my voice and body, nervous to let them in on anything I was feeling.

"I don't know she didn't simp over his voice, Charlie," Toast said in my defense.

"What! There's no way she didn't," Charlie spoke before we were interrupted by Cherry saying hello.

Everyone said hello to Cherry, and I finally unmuted myself to say hello.

"Hi Cherry," I spoke, and everyone was speaking over me, so I doubt she heard me.