Red Velvet

You couldn't believe it. Not in your life did you think that you would be standing here, watching as Dean struggled to put on the bright red costume.

"Why couldn't Sam do this?" Dean grumbled, pulling the velvet red pants up, cinching the belt as tight as it would go.

"Because I'm too tall for Santa," Sam answered, smiling widely. "And I'm better at research."

"Yeah, that's true,' both you and Dean answered. "Dean, you'll do great. And it's only for a day, two tops. I'll be by your side."

He sighed, looking at the pillow that would fit under his coat. "I deserve a case of beer and pie after this."

Leaning forward, you pressed a kiss to his cheek. "And I will make it personally. But right now, let's get you all dressed up.

It took some finagling, but soon Dean had both the velvet pants and jacket on. Along with a pair of shiny black boots. A black belt completed the look. All that was left was the white beard and hat. While he tugged at the fake beard, you turned your attention to your costume. While Dean was complaining about the velvet suit and stuffed belly, you had your own complaints. You were dressing as an Elf in order to stay by Dean. And it was atrocious.

Bright red and green, the skirt barely went halfway down your thighs. Puffing out with tulle underneath, at least you had candy-striped tights underneath. The top was so tight you could barely breathe, and the hat was already itching your head.

"Damn, can you keep that costume when we're done?" Dean asked, moving his stuffed belly around. "Because you look freaking hot."

Tugging on the skirt, you glared daggers at him. "There is no way I am wearing this ever again."

"Santa! Elf! You're needed now," the manager yelled from the entrance. "Get out there before those kids go wild."

Frowning at Dean, you struggled to walk out of the tiny little dressing room in your fuzzy heels. "Sam better find those shifters and quick."

The kids started screaming as soon as Dean walked outside and for a moment you could tell he was considering turning tail and running. With a smile pasted to your face, you pushed him forward, leaning forward to whisper in his ear. "It will all be over soon."

Your words soon turned out to be false. Sam kept watch over at Food Hall, but even he was beginning to look like this was a bust. The line of children was never-ending. Crying, greedy children who climbed all over Dean, asking for anything under the sun. You could see the Mom's eyeing Dean, licking their lips as they imagined what was under the fuzzy white beard and red velvet. You glared daggers at them, but the Dad's weren't much better. Trying to get a glimpse down your tight bodice. One or two even managed to slip their hand around, squeezing your butt through the layers of tulle.

Your head was pounding, and you weren't sure how much more you could take. Dean's eyes had that glassy look to them as he passed another crying toddler off to his parent, and you knew it wouldn't be much longer until he blew. Your eyes pleaded with Sam to hurry up when something finally caught your eye.

One of the elves taking the pictures slipped back from his break, but as he turned you caught his eyes shining on the camera screen. Leaning forward to pretend to adjust Dean's beard, you whispered in his ear. "Got him."

As soon as the words left your lips, Dean was pushing the boy off of his lap. "Break time!" He exclaimed, grabbing your hand and pulling you through the crowd. You could hear the manager yelling in the background, but Dean's grip was tight, and you really didn't want to head back to the herd of children.

"Did you see something?" Sam asked as you came up to his table.

Dean reached for one of his fries, letting you tell the story. "The elf taking the pictures. The one with the curly blonde hair. He's the shifter."

"What the hell is a shifter doing taking pictures of children on Santa's lap?" Dean asked, his mouth full of fries.

Sam just rolled his eyes. "No one would expect an Elf to be killing the people in the parking lot. It seems fitting. But then again, he could have just switched bodies."

"Let's go gank the son of a bitch so I can get out of this getup," Dean grumbled, tugging at the pillow. Kids passing by would stop and point, and one little girl even came up to him. "Now." He mouthed his eye twitching.

You turned around, just in time to see the Elf in question leaving the booth, heading to one of the mall's many back hallways. "And now is our time. Let's go!" You exclaimed, pointing him out.

It was hard making your way through the mall. You made quite a sight, one Elf, One Santa, and a tall man in flannel pushing your way through the crowds. Dean pushed through the door first, with Sam right behind. You stopped for a split second to take off those dreaded heels, racing to catch up.

The shifter glanced back before turning the corner, and you hoped that you hadn't lost him. As Dean rounded the corner, an arm reached out, knocking him to the ground. Falling flat on his back, he lay there as Sam jumped over him, tackling the shifter to the ground.

"Who the hell are you people?" He asked as you finally caught up.

Dean was barely starting to stand up, the pillow getting in his way. "We're the Winchesters. I bet you've heard of us."

The shifter must have heard of them. His eyes grew wide and he stopped fighting. "Y/N, why don't you go back and get our clothes while Sam and I take care of this guy."

Between the two of them, the struggling shifter was no issue. The door to their right led out to the alley and you watched as they pushed him outside. Turning back, you stepped out into the crowded mall once again. "There you are!" The manager exclaimed, coming forward, a huge frown on his face. "We still have a huge line. Where's Santa?"

"We're not coming back," you told him. "I came to get our clothes and then we're leaving."

You could have sworn the manager's ears were turning red with anger. "Those costumes cost me $100!"

"You can definitely take it out of our pay," you answered him, pushing past to the tiny dressing room. As quick as you could, you gathered up your clothes, along with Dean's, wishing you had time to change.

The parking lot was only a short walk from Santa's court. Dean already had the Impala parked at the entrance. Still wearing the velvet pants, he had thrown away the beard and coat. "There's my Elf!" He exclaimed, smiling widely at you when you climbed in the backseat. "I see you kept the costume."

"I had no time," you muttered, tugging on the tulle, wishing you could just slip it off. But you knew you would need help from Dean to get it off. "And I need help undressing."

"That's what Santa's here for. To help his elves," he winked at you through the rearview mirror.