The Final Push

It didn't seem like much. An empty storefront, the windows frosted out with hastily painted words on the sign promising the scare of your life. People were already lined up, rubbing their arms against the chilled night air.

"Really?" You turned to Jensen, wondering if this was some sort of joke. "You want to go to a haunted house? You could have picked anything, and this is what you came up with?"

He shrugged sheepishly, stepping out of his stylish SUV. "Isn't this what everyone does in October?"

Your sweatshirt was barely enough against the chill as you joined him at the front of the car. "Sure. Normal people. But you play a man who hunts Monsters. This can't scare you, can it?"

"Hard to say," he chuckled. "But if not, it's still a good time between two friends. Right?"

"Sure. But if there's a clown, I'm out," you shuddered at the thought, pushing against his shoulder with your own, grateful to be spending time with your best friend. It had been too long since the two of you had taken time out to do something fun. With his finishing up Supernatural, and your own business finally taking off, you felt as if you had neglected your friendship.

By the time you made it to the line there was only one other group in front of you. One girl glanced at Jensen appreciatively before turning back to her own group, and you rubbed your hands together. "Promise we can get hot chocolate after this?"

"Better yet," he answered. "We'll head back to my place, and I'll whip up my own special batch."

You groaned at the thought. "That stuff is the best."

Smiling wide, Jensen bought both tickets, and soon you were in the Haunted House. Shrill screams echoed through the building. A chainsaw revved, and you turned back to Jensen, raising an eyebrow. "Just try to enjoy," he pleaded, reaching for your hand and pulling you into the first room.

This wasn't your first haunted house. And it seemed the same as all the rest. Rusted beds were along one wall, the covers spattered with blood. A child sat on the edge of the bed, her eyes blood red through her hair as her hand reached out towards you. "They're here," she whispered, pointing towards the bottom of the bed just as a hand reached out for your ankle.

Jumping back, you landed straight in Jensen's arms. He chuckled loudly as his hands held your shoulders. "You okay?" He asked as the two of you walked through to the next room.

"Creepy kids suck," you muttered, feeling ridiculous that you had already jumped. Taking a deep breath, you began walking up the rickety wooden bridge, peering around the dark room, trying to figure out what was coming next. Jensen led the way, glancing back often to make sure you were right behind him.

An alligator crawled out of the fake foliage, it's animatronic jaws snapping loudly and you raced forward, bumping into Jensen's back. He reached back, taking your hand in his. Through the creepy swamp, you made your way into the next room. The lights flickered in the old looking cabin. "You have any salt?" You joked, just as a man dressed as a zombie jumped down from the ceiling, landing right beside you.

Jensen pulled you to him, wrapping his arm around your shoulder as the zombie chomped his teeth together, reaching for you. You quickly rushed out of the room, taking a deep breath in a pitch black room. "What's this room?" You wondered outloud, hearing something scratching against the wall. You immediately moved closer to Jensen, your heart racing as you waited for the next fright.

You didn't have to wait too long. Suddenly all the lights turned on, and you were surrounded by clowns. At least five clowns were in the room, their faces full of paint and blood. They jeered at you, laughing as they pushed closer and closer. One held a chainsaw, another a wicked looking knife. Screaming, you pulled on Jensen's hand, pushing around the clowns and through the door.

Suddenly you found yourself outside, the cold air refreshing on your skin as you took deep, gulping breaths. Jensen stood beside you, watching you carefully. "Are you okay?" He asked, resting his hand on your shoulder. You threw yourself into his arms, knowing the faces of those clowns would make sleep hard tonight. "Freaking clowns," you muttered, peering up at Jensen.

He peered down at you, brushing the hair back from your face. "I'm sorry. I thought it would be fun."

"It was. Until the clowns," you sighed. "I'm sorry if I ruined the night."

It was then you realized how close you were to him. He smelled so good, and you instinctively pressed your lips to his, lightly. Hoping that you weren't going to ruin things between you. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't...," you muttered, pulling away quickly.

"No, it was the right move," he assured you, his hand cupping the back of your neck, pulling you back in for another kiss. His lips were soft and warm against your own. It felt perfect.

"I've been wanting to do that for a while," he admitted, pulling away. "I just didn't want to ruin things between us."

Your heart raced, but it was no longer from fear. Things were changing between you and Jensen, and you couldn't be happier.