Should Have Listened to Dean

Dean x Reader

Watching in horror as your hand picked up the knife laying forgotten in the table, you fought against it with all your might. Screaming as loud as you could, not a sound escaped your lips as your body moved closer to the bed, and the person who lay sleeping on it.

It had all started earlier that morning. Sam had gotten excited over a hunt, something about multiple demons all converging in one spot. Excited, he had raced off, no doubt to pack as many demon killing weapons as he could find. Leaving you sitting there with your boyfriend, him staring strangely at you.

"Dean, what is it?" You asked him, moving to stand up and get ready for the hunt.

"I don't think you should go." He stated, reaching out and grasping your hand, pulling you onto his lap. "Stay home, please. Until we've had a chance for you to get tattooed."

"Dean, we've talked about this. You know how I feel about tattoos." You tried to convince him, knowing how he felt about it as well. "Besides, I have this!"

"A bracelet isn't enough." He argued, holding your hand up to trace the symbol etched deeply into the leather. "It can get pulled off, or..."

"I know. But it's been enough for me before, and it will be enough right now." You assured him, pressing a kiss softly to his lips. Sighing, he knew that his argument was falling on deaf ears. "Then, maybe when we get back, you can hold my hand and I'll give in."

"Deal?" He needed the assurance, and you nodded. Pressing his forehead to yours, he sighed. "I just want to keep you safe. You mean more to me than I ever thought possible."

"I love you too." You answered. "But enough with this romantic crude, let's go kill us some Demons."

Dean insisted you sat with him in the front of the Impala, while Sam stretched out in the backseat. Something was bugging Dean, you could easily tell by the way he refused to keep his hand off you. Either weaving his fingers through yours, or his palm hot on your thigh, Dean kept constant contact with you as he drove down the highway, humming nonchalantly to the music.

It wasn't that long of a drive, but it had been one of your most enjoyable. Since Sam was snoring away in the back seat, it left you and Dean plenty of time to just sit together, needing no conversation. Content in being close to each other. Within three hours Dean was pulling up to the motel parking lot, sitting back and smiling at you. The sun had already started to fade, the sky a brilliant shade of dark blue and pink, and you yawned tiredly.

"Why don't we just rest easy tonight, then we can start researching tomorrow?" Dean suggested, as Sam sat up, his hair standing on end. Giggling, you reached back, brushing your fingers through the locks, helping him straighten it out.

"Y/N..." Dean grumbled, and you knew he was jealous of the attention you were giving his brother.

"Don't worry Dean. My eyes are only for you." You assured him, pressing a quick kiss to his lips before climbing out of the car, standing up and stretching your back. Dean went in to get the rooms, and you stayed by Sam as he grabbed the bags from the trunk.