Pushing Mistletoe

Sitting on the counter in the kitchen, swinging your legs as you watched Sam cook dinner, you swiped a slice of cheese from the board. "I saw that," Sam grumbled, turning and grabbing the rest of the cheese, dumping it into the homemade sauce he was making. "Why don't you go be busy somewhere else?"

"But I love it when you make homemade mac and cheese," you pleaded, reaching for another slice of cheese but he smacked your hand away. "And Dean's in the library drinking whiskey. He won't talk to me."

Leaving the sauce to simmer, Sam turned to face you. "Make him. He would do anything for you, you know that. Just go...tell him how you feel."

The cheese lodged in your throat, taking a couple of well-placed smacks from Sam's hand to dislodge it. "How I feel?" You choked your face red. "What do you mean?"

Sighing, Sam turned back to cooking. "Y/N, it's easy to see you're head over heels for Dean. Do yourself a favor and admit it."

There was no way you were going to admit to anyone that you were in love with Dean Winchester. It would only end in heartache for you and humiliation. "I think you're delusional. Hurry up with dinner. I'm starving here."

Leaving Sam to work, you bypassed the library, heading for your bedroom when you bumped into Cas. "Cas! You're back!"

The awkward angel smiled at you. "I heard there were celebrations to be going on here. That you're actually celebrating Christmas?"

"We are," you answered, excited that you had finally talked the Winchesters into it. "We're celebrating Christmas, and New Year. I hope you can stay for both."

His hand rested on your shoulder, his smile lopsided but full of kindness. "I wouldn't miss it. Maybe during this happy time, you and Dean will finally admit your feelings for each other.

"Feelings?" You stuttered. "Dean and I..we don't...we're just..friends," you finished lamely. "Dean doesn't think of me that way."

"Y/N, I might be an awkward, naive Angel, but I do know that Dean cares for you. You care for him. So give him the present that will make him the happiest. Tell him how you feel."

"Tell me what?" Dean asked, rounding the corner, his empty whiskey glass in his hand.

"That dinner is almost ready," you spat out, pulling Cas along with you. "Let's go get ready to eat."

Cas frowned at you but followed along. The three of you made your way into the kitchen where Sam was finishing up. Settling down at the table, you smiled at the Christmas decorations you had placed throughout the bunker. They were cheap, from the dollar store. But they were bright and cheerful and made the cold and stark bunker seem more like home.

"Dean, why don't you sit by Y/N," Sam suggested, waving the spoon behind his back. "Cas and I have some things we want to talk about."

Rolling your eyes at his not-so-subtle way of putting you and Dean together, you sat down, taking the beer Dean offered you. "So, Y/N, what's your plan for tomorrow?"

"I'm not sure. Maybe we can make cookies. Or we could watch a movie. Something that screams Christmas."

"Drink alcohol until we pass out?" Dean offered, and you elbowed him. "I'm down for making cookies."

"Cas?" You asked, but he shook his head, looking towards Sam for guidance.

"Cas and I have some research we need to do tomorrow. It will probably take us all day," Sam seems flustered, rubbing the back of his neck. "But Dean can help you bake. All-day if you want."

True to their word, Cas and Sam were both nowhere to be seen after breakfast the next morning. You wanted to smack Sam, knowing exactly what he was up to, but you were too excited to get some baking done.